SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Nice to pound six past Leclerc when our goaltender fought the puck a bit.

I don't think this group will ever thrive on the big sheet of ice.  I hate Olympic sheets......time to get them out of college hockey. 

I think it's much less exciting hockey to watch, too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Nice to pound six past Leclerc when our goaltender fought the puck a bit.

I don't think this group will ever thrive on the big sheet of ice.  I hate Olympic sheets......time to get them out of college hockey. 

yes they need to go back to nhl.  even the Olympics have gotten rid of the Olympic sheet. 

Only saw the third period...looked like we were taking a LOT of lazy penalties but was hard to tell with the SD grade picture off the NCHC feed.  Anybody that was there can comment on our overall hustle tonite?  Were the guys moving their feet?

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned but the cc play by play guy is terrible.

Yah, as a Tiger fan, I find Ken Landau to be rather trite and he uses the same tired cliches. Whenever CC scores up high, he yells, “HE SHOOTS AND SCORES! WHERE GRANDMA KEEPS THE PEANUT BUTTER!” He acts as if he coined that phrase. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Only saw the third period...looked like we were taking a LOT of lazy penalties but was hard to tell with the SD grade picture off the NCHC feed.  Anybody that was there can comment on our overall hustle tonite?  Were the guys moving their feet?

The refs were calling it pretty tight for both teams. Overall, I thought they did fine, I had no big issues with any of the calls either way.  I think there was a hooking penalty on Jones down behind the North Dakota net that looked a little ticky tack but I guess I would need to see it again to determine whether or not that was the case.

42 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

The refs were calling it pretty tight for both teams. Overall, I thought they did fine, I had no big issues with any of the calls either way.  I think there was a hooking penalty on Jones down behind the North Dakota net that looked a little ticky tack but I guess I would need to see it again to determine whether or not that was the case.

ok, thanks

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Nice win to get the split. I wonder if it takes this team til after Christmas to get hot like in past years. Getting splits is not what we need, we need the sweeps. Especially against a team like CC. Let’s go Hawks!!

It's too easy to just overlook the improvement CC has shown the last year plus.   This is not the same program it was 3 years ago.  Although they lost a bunch of games last year, they showed they could play with the best, beating us once, UMD twice (along with a tie and one-goal loss), beat SCSU once, and lost 3-1 two times against DU.  This year they have also shown they can play.   They're not Denver or SCSU, but they're not MTU of ten years ago either.   

• Upvote 1