SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Disappointed with the loss but pretty well played game. Got caught in transition a couple times and both ended up in the back of the net. Really dominated at times impressed with the zone time and how good the guys were along the boards. Finishing has to get better and we have to do a better job of getting shots through Minnesota blocked a ton tonight. Looking to tomorrow I would like to see Kiersted get back in maybe for Johnson. I really liked Bast's game and it is hard to see him coming out if he can play like he did tonight every night. Nothing really against Johnson just think Kiersted gives you a little more and is a better skater which would be valuable against a team like Minnesota. Up front seemed like a couple guys struggled tonight with the speed of the game wouldn't be surprised to see Yon in for Janatuinen.

My one observation so far this season is that Pogo, Gersich & the experienced guys in general need to get going, or this is gonna be a loooong season.  Scoring 1 goal a game aint gonna get it done, and Cam is not capable of shutouts (he always seems to allow 1 or 2).  So, if we are not going to out-goaltend other teams, we better damn well get the offense going.

Just now, Rebel_Sioux said:

I may have paid it but that annual fee is by no means small...radio stream is free though. 

Why not watch though?  I don't get it.  Most have gone away from traditional tv.  Hulu, sling, Pluto, etc are so common.  Just don't get it.  I used to pay 10 bucks a game to watch a suspect feed back in the early 2000s.  It's a no brainer if you are a true fan.

• Upvote 1

Thoughts:

- Need Cam to make that save on goal #2.  Nice shot, but their goalie made those saves all night.

-Bast will be a regular.  Good guy to have healthy.

-Your 4th line can't be your best line.  They were tremendous, but you need your best players to be great in big games.

-Can't fault the effort.  Sucks to lose as always but any hockey fan knows those kids played their hearts out. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Why not watch though?  I don't get it.  Most have gone away from traditional tv.  Hulu, sling, Pluto, etc are so common.  Just don't get it.  I used to pay 10 bucks a game to watch a suspect feed back in the early 2000s.  It's a no brainer if you are a true fan.

And here we go...the "you're only a TRUE fan if..." argument.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And here we go...the "you're only a TRUE fan if..." argument.

It's funny I bought the NCHC subscription today but it was a pain in the ass to make it work.  For the money I paid it should be plug and play and not panic mode trying to make it work 30 minutes before game time. 

• Like 1