SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

30 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Mishmash is a 2nd round draft pick but in no way has shown he can be a top 6 NHL guy at this point.

He's 5 games into his college career. There are glimpses of how good he can be. Hopefully with time he will live up to that second round pick.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

He's 5 games into his college career. There are glimpses of how good he can be. Hopefully with time he will live up to that second round pick.

I get that but 5 games in you could tell Jost and Boeser were destined for a top 6 NHL career. I get first round vs second round as well but Mishmash has been barely noticeable in 3 of 4 games. He was in a suit for one.

• Upvote 2

Better to lose in Oct. then come tournament time. 

UND needs to get some garbage goals. 

Doninated the game and end up with a loss. Need to win tonight. 

Adams needs more ice time. One of the few skilled forwards on the team. 

Bast looked great. Troy Stecher 2.0. 

Last 3 MN games UND has dictated play and lost all 3 games. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

People only think Minneapolis is a major city if they’ve never been to any other big cities. 

I would never go to a Super Bowl or Final Four or Frozen Four there.  Had to go to 4 different Rainy River bars that weren’t full of maroon and gold. Frustrating 

First off,  Schlossman does a great job covering 'his' sport...read his report of last night's game in the Herald, the Pioneer Press and the Forum...excellent descriptors of the game...but expected of him as he grew up a 'ranger'...

However in the articles...he referenced the Gophers as "Minnesota and Gophers"...while referencing  UND as just that  " UND" ...never as "Fighting Hawks"....their recognized name...Hope as an objective  journalist he's not still 'bitter' about the name change....

I remember GFC's cry of "Redskins  Forever"......how'd that work out????  FB and BB cultures have moved on.....if the lead writer covering  this sport would move on, perhaps hockey would also......

He's a good journalist....Herald is fortunate ...

Couple thoughts from me, then I'm switching to football mode for a few hours.  Too many shots coming from the blue line that are above the waist.  Hard and low, fellas.  I'd like to give a shout out to the REA for having Deschutes IPA on tap near my section.  Sweet, sweet brew!!  6-2 green tonight.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I get that but 5 games in you could tell Jost and Boeser were destined for a top 6 NHL career. I get first round vs second round as well but Mishmash has been barely noticeable in 3 if 4 games. He was in a suit for one.

This is overboard.  You're comparing two first rounders that got it early to a second rounder 5 games in and he's towards the top of our point list.  Who did Boeser play with when he came in?

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

This is overboard.  You're comparing two first rounders that got it early to a second rounder 5 games in and he's towards the top of our point list.

Than he better not be invisible tonight.....like he was last night.

25 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Better to lose in Oct. then come tournament time. 

UND needs to get some garbage goals. 

Doninated the game and end up with a loss. Need to win tonight. 

Adams needs more ice time. One of the few skilled forwards on the team. 

Bast looked great. Troy Stecher 2.0. 

Last 3 MN games UND has dictated play and lost all 3 games. 

I really liked our effort last night.....we looked great.  The garbage goals will come with time. 

I agree, Bast was much better than I thought he'd be. Kid needs to play.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Did you have a problem with how the boys played last night?  From my vantage point they played pretty dang good against a very very solid team.

No I didn't expect that this team has very few playmakers and even fewer scorers......Mishmash was brought into to fit one of those roles if not both. Dominating a game and losing always gets a check mark in the loss column.....always.

13 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Couple thoughts from me, then I'm switching to football mode for a few hours.  Too many shots coming from the blue line that are above the waist.  Hard and low, fellas.  I'd like to give a shout out to the REA for having Deschutes IPA on tap near my section.  Sweet, sweet brew!!  6-2 green tonight.

Yep!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

No I didn't expect that this team has very few playmakers and even fewer scorers......Mishmash was brought into to fit one of those roles if not both. Dominating a game and losing always gets a check mark in the loss column.....always.

Haha, ok then.

29 Brock Nelson–10 Corban Knight–7 Danny Kristo

21 Brendan O’Donnell–16 Mark MacMillan–11 Derek Rodwell

9 Mario Lamoureux–27 Carter Rowney–15 Michael Parks

14 Taylor Dickin–28 Stephane Pattyn–13 Connor Gaarder

4 Derek Forbort–24 Ben Blood

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson

18 Dillon Simpson–20 Joe Gleason

32 Aaron Dell

31 Brad Eidsness

...and apparently this lineup was devoid of talent as well!

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

29 Brock Nelson–10 Corban Knight–7 Danny Kristo

21 Brendan O’Donnell–16 Mark MacMillan–11 Derek Rodwell

9 Mario Lamoureux–27 Carter Rowney–15 Michael Parks

14 Taylor Dickin–28 Stephane Pattyn–13 Connor Gaarder

4 Derek Forbort–24 Ben Blood

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson

18 Dillon Simpson–20 Joe Gleason

32 Aaron Dell

31 Brad Eidsness

...and apparently this lineup was devoid of talent as well!

Connor Gaarder sat in front of us last night. Wore a Toews jersey. Looks like he could still play. 

12 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Not sure what your setup is, but it shouldn't be complicated at all.  Open your browser to nchc.tv, log in, navigate to the game, click to watch it.  Or if you have an Apple TV or Roku, download the app, login, select the game to watch it.

Couldn't get it to work with my browser.  Updated that and flash restarted the PC and still didn't work but it eventually did so maybe it was just that my subscription wasn't active because it would play the commercials and then give me a notification that the video couldn't play on my computer.  It doesn't really matter because I eventually got it to work.  I tried the app and it wouldn't play either but I finally got it to work with chrome on my phone.  I couldn't get the app to load anything.