SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY NCHC SEMI GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

Baby Shep was the one down there.  Walsh is the one that went to talk to Berry

I don't think officiating were all that bad, seemed pretty consistent. The last icing call was bad, and in one aspect gave Denver more time on the ice and at center vs in their own zone, as clock would've kept running if it wasn't called. In other sense Denver was not able to get the 6th skater on for very long after that if at all.

• Upvote 2

Thoughts:

-Hard, physical, sioux hockey.

-Shaw back was huge, all three d pairs able to play regardless of Denver's lines.

-Will take the puck luck.  Denver misses three wide open nets, about time for this team.

-Nice to have a veteran goalie in the postseason. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

First win in the nchc tournament I believe couldn't have been sweeter

First NCHC tournament semifinal win*. UND beat WMU in the consolation game the first year of play. But i fully agree! 

------

What a full team effort! As @burd would say, full 60 minutes of hockey. Denver is freaking good and the game definitely felt like playoff hockey. 

I've said it before but man, Jim Montgomery is a classy coach. Still hate Denver though.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thoughts:

-Hard, physical, sioux hockey.

-Shaw back was huge, all three d pairs able to play regardless of Denver's lines.

-Will take the puck luck.  Denver misses three wide open nets, about time for this team.

-Nice to have a veteran goalie in the postseason. 

We've had our share of opportunities in some games this season where the puck just wouldn't go in, I'd call this the odds are starting to even out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TNF said:

So to recap a few hours ago you thought this was the game that was going to cause us to lose all of our potential recruits and now you think we are marching to #9. I have whiplash from that change in direction. 

Have to say one nice thing every once in awhile to not appear as too obvious a troll.

• Upvote 2