SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

I won't come out and say Brian jones should be fired. But if his employment isn't being critically evaluated this season, faison should be shown the door.

No smack here, just a question. Has Faison been kind of scarce in his public comments lately? I listen to Christopher Gabriel on WDAY and the Jack Michael's show in The Fan in Fargo and the past couple of years, he has been a regular on both shows, going on at least once or twice a month. I don't think I have heard him on either since early fall, probably since right after the UND/NDSU football resumption was announced. 

No smack here, just a question. Has Faison been kind of scarce in his public comments lately? I listen to Christopher Gabriel on WDAY and the Jack Michael's show in The Fan in Fargo and the past couple of years, he has been a regular on both shows, going on at least once or twice a month. I don't think I have heard him on either since early fall, probably since right after the UND/NDSU football resumption was announced. 

Now that you mention it, he hasn't been quoted in the G.F. Heraldo for awhile either.

What has there been to talk about?  He goes on when the radio stations call him and ask to join their program.  Not that hard to figure out.   :silly:

Faison AND KELLY needs to step down, NEW ADMINISTRATORS needs to revisit his focus on collegiate athletics and the tradition of excellence UND athletics is supposed to possess, and then a new, energetic AD needs to be hired.

Just thinking aloud my Christmas wish list...

fyp. :)

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think most probably realize that Jones isn't going anywhere, at least not this year. But with that being said, who are some possible realistic candidates out there that could replace him in the future? Obviously we are not going to get Shaka Smart but I would try to get someone similar to him or from his coaching tree, someone that coaches an attacking defense.

Pitino is 0 and 4 in Big Ten with 4 starters back from NIT champs at MN. If Jones needs to be canned than Pitino really needs to be canned...maybe UND can replace Jones with Pitino.

Pitino should be given 7 more years to prove himself like Jones has gotten. Nine years later here we are....

Pitino is 0 and 4 in Big Ten with 4 starters back from NIT champs at MN. If Jones needs to be canned than Pitino really needs to be canned...maybe UND can replace Jones with Pitino.

A bigger issue at Williams Arena is why the Gophers are wearing black and yellow alternate jerseys that make them look like the Iowa Hawkeyes!

A bigger issue at Williams Arena is why the Gophers are wearing black and yellow alternate jerseys that make them look like the Iowa Hawkeyes!

That is true.  Also, how did UND lose by 30 to that garbage he is trotting out there this year.  That loss looks worse every day.