SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU - NCHC best 2 of 3

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, Gma loves hockey said:

I have to admit that all this discussion about touching a ref made me think of Caggiula leveling an official behind the net in the playoffs last year. And we all  laughed.

Drake moved to go around the ref and the ref swung his arm back and leveled Drake.  Different situation

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Dennis Wideman? That was really bad, got 20 games.

I remember that one, I just remember a ref got hit then called the penalty. Wideman hit a linesman not a ref.

BCHL had two in the last couple of years, the ASU recruit slashed the ref and another checked one from behind. The former ASU player Zucarrini was suspended for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, Gma loves hockey said:

I have to admit that all this discussion about touching a ref made me think of Caggiula leveling an official behind the net in the playoffs last year. And we all  laughed.

You're joking right? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

You must be having problems with the quote function. I never posted that.

Hmm.  Not the question but wasn't that your response to the question ("NO") posted by KoolGuy asking about wearing the black jerseys this wknd, thus I asked why not?  If not, my bad. 

• Upvote 2

It's always tough to end another teams season.
In this case, it's a best of 3 game series to end it.

Should be a fun series, but it's hard for me to believe that UND will make this easy on our nerves, even after the wins against Miami.  They've got to show consistency and bring their strong defensive game from the Miami series.

This one will be going to 3 games.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

.............speaking of officals and yapping what are the odds we see Botox Anderson at the Ralph is series?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson and Shepard this weekend and if that happens I'm not going to trust this series, hopefully the Sioux make to the TC!

GO SIOUX!!!

2 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Hmm.  Not the question but wasn't that your response to the question ("NO") posted by KoolGuy asking about wearing the black jerseys this wknd, thus I asked why not?  If not, my bad. 

Home team wears white unless agreed upon by both teams. I don't see SCSU agreeing to let us wear black, because we are undefeated in them this year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Home team wears white unless agreed upon by both teams. I don't see SCSU agreeing to let us wear black, because we are undefeated in them this year.

The team is also undefeated when Chris Wilkie scores too, so jerseys really don't matter.  The key is to set up Wilkie for some goals.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The team is also undefeated when Chris Wilkie scores too, so jerseys really don't matter.  The key is to set up Wilkie for some goals.

UND has never lost when Wilkie and Tucker Poolman both score, Johnson gives up less than 3 goals and Boeser and Shaw are injured.  That is the key to winning.

• Upvote 3

I've slept on it. 

The willful act - a game
The "an official" factor - another game

Where I struggle is, even after the willful act, and the official blowing the whistle, and re-pointing to the penalty box, SCSU20 kept yapping and chirping.
I'm tempted to say that's worth a third game (disrespecting an official who's told you to get into the box TWICE already).