SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC

AZSIOUX

Per Schloss.........Jost is out this coming weekend.  JJ is available. Ausmus is day-to-day................but aren't we all.

Don't have a good feeling about this weekend without Jost.  Could be Pairwise death weekend.

43 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Per Schloss.........Jost is out this coming weekend.  JJ is available. Ausmus is day-to-day................but aren't we all.

Don't have a good feeling about this weekend without Jost.  Could be Pairwise death weekend.

Hope and pray we embrace the 'next man up' mentality a little bit extra this weekend.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

We'll be alright.  Jost or not, we should beat these guys up pretty good.

It's got to be playoff mentality from here on out.  Don't want to throw too much on the table in January, but the boys need to find that extra gear this weekend and get at least 4 points.  (Cue anything less than a sweep is unacceptable)

The team was really good the last time they played on the Olympic sheet, and it would not surprise me in the least bit if Friday's game is a 7-1 affair.

Gersich going to have a huge weekend.  Got a feeling.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Anyone know of a UND fan get together in Colorado Springs for this weekend? 

There is a BWW within walking distance of the arena so that's where the people I'm going with planned on going.

I would really like to get a more formal fan gathering for this series. BWW is so convenient because it is within walking distance of the arena. The problem is that is always so packed and loud in there. Most other good options for gatherings won't be nearly as convenient. Maybe I will work to set up a shuttle and some drink specials if we can get enough interest in future years.

As for this weekend, maybe with Saturday night's game being so early (6pm) we can fill up the bar with Sioux fans. If you see me, come say hi. First beer is on me. I will be the short guy wearing the Sioux jersey. 

Really looking forward to the weekend, you guys.

11 minutes ago, Colorado Sioux Guy said:

I would really like to get a more formal fan gathering for this series. BWW is so convenient because it is within walking distance of the arena. The problem is that is always so packed and loud in there. Most other good options for gatherings won't be nearly as convenient. Maybe I will work to set up a shuttle and some drink specials if we can get enough interest in future years.

As for this weekend, maybe with Saturday night's game being so early (6pm) we can fill up the bar with Sioux fans. If you see me, come say hi. First beer is on me. I will be the short guy wearing the Sioux jersey. 

Really looking forward to the weekend, you guys.

Reach out to the Alumni Association, CSG. They host things like this all the time and maybe you can help.

I'm a season ticket holder for CC and at home this season they've been, at best, below average and at worst, atrocious. Not to say they haven't had moments of improvement (@ Omaha, @ Duluth) but I'm not feeling too confident about UND's confidence right now either. On paper, UND should win these two games easily but I thought that about UND and DU at the west regional back in '04 too so I'm not getting my hopes up. World Arena has been hit-or-miss up until the past few seasons.

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I'm a season ticket holder for CC and at home this season they've been, at best, below average and at worst, atrocious. Not to say they haven't had moments of improvement (@ Omaha, @ Duluth) but I'm not feeling too confident about UND's confidence right now either. On paper, UND should win these two games easily but I thought that about UND and DU at the west regional back in '04 too so I'm not getting my hopes up. World Arena has been hit-or-miss up until the past few seasons.

Even with Jost, the Hawks are not a sure thing against anybody.    Just have to hope for the best this weekend and get Jost healthy.  They will not go deep without him.   They may not even get in without him. 

All that said, I'm glad we have the coaches we do. 

• Upvote 2

After the last two weekends at The Ralph I'm really questioning if Boeser is dealing with a lower body injury as well. I expected a step backwards early in the year without the rest of his CBS line mates but we never understood the impact due to his wrist injury. But on a couple of occasions the past two weekends I turned to my wife and pointed to him skating behind the play. Either he was majorly dogging it or he didn't have his top gears working.  I suspect something isn't quite right but it is hard to tell without Cags doing most of the heavy lifting and Schmaltz picking pockets in the O zone. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TNF said:

After the last two weekends at The Ralph I'm really questioning if Boeser is dealing with a lower body injury as well. I expected a step backwards early in the year without the rest of his CBS line mates but we never understood the impact due to his wrist injury. But on a couple of occasions the past two weekends I turned to my wife and pointed to him skating behind the play. Either he was majorly dogging it or he didn't have his top gears working.  I suspect something isn't quite right but it is hard to tell without Cags doing most of the heavy lifting and Schmaltz picking pockets in the O zone. 

...and he's not the only one. Until we get the forwards committed to coming back hard every time....we will never be good in our defensive zone.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

...and he's not the only one. Until we get the forwards committed to coming back hard every time....we will never be good in our defensive zone.

This...^^^

Or half the forwards have a "lower body" injury.