SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, nodakgirl93 said:

With our rpi we won't move much after each game unless the teams above us lose. Just keep winning and we will slowly climb up. The series at home against Duluth with be huge. 

I agree completely. I was looking at our pairwise comparisons we are losing yesterday, and those 2 losses at Duluth are a factor in a lot of those. If we can manage to sweep Duluth at home, that would do a lot to move up. (I realize that's a tall task, but a possibility)

(Side note to previous comments made in this thread: the Michigan State result this weekend wasn't the only factor in why we didn't move up more. Duluth losing to CC and SCSU losing twice to Miami were also factors.)

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm talking about how it'll affect the Pairwise rankings, unless you feel MSU is about to go on a roll of some sort and actually help UND out in that area...

No, but what can they do about it now other than get over it and win as many as possible the rest of the way?  Last season they dropped a game to Wisconsin that certainly was embarrassing, but thankfully they put it behind them and went about their business.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

No, but what can they do about it now other than get over it and win as many as possible the rest of the way?  Last season they dropped a game to Wisconsin that certainly was embarrassing, but thankfully they put it behind them and went about their business.

Makes sense to me...

17 hours ago, burd said:

Just get in the tournament playing well and healthy.  I don't care where we play or who we face in the regionals.  Just get in and go.

We'll be right there in contention for Chicago if we play like we did this past weekend. I've said it to a couple people, but, two weekends ago the entire college hockey world looked up and saw us beat Union in NY. Then, they saw we got Jost and Boeser back. Then, they all just saw us pummel a conference foe and a TUC 16-4.

Anyone hear that loud, collective... "uh oh"? :)

• Upvote 3

I like seeing Brock Boeser with 2 and 3 points on the weekend's games.  I don't think UND is going to average 8 goals a game on very many weekends, but having a weekend where you get that kind of rhythm against a good team can really help as a foundation for a strong second half.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Is anyone that went to Omaha willing to share your experiences for those of us that weren't there? Fun time? Lots of Sioux fans? Recommend others to go again next year? thanks

Haven't missed a series in Omaha yet.  There were quite a few Sioux fans in attendance, although maybe not as many as when Omaha played at Century Link arena (and especially for the outdoor game a few years ago).  The UNO fans still thank us for coming, even after Saturday night.  Plenty of parking in the area around the arena as well as bars and restaurants.  DJ's Dugout by Century Link used to be the place to go for Sioux fans, now the DJ's Dugout by the Arena is packed both before and after the game.  For the first time ever, Al's bus stayed in a hotel by Baxter Arena.  There is plenty to see and do in Omaha.  US Air Force museum about 20 miles west of Omaha on I-80, Hollywood Candy is a unique antique candy, game, curio shop by The Market.  Lot's of malls, museums, downtown area, Irish pubs, etc. The one caution about Omaha is that if you come down, be prepared for it to turn into a 4 or 5 day trip.  This is the first time in several years that foul weather did not arise on Sunday when trying to get home.  The year of the outdoor game was classic.  Turned a three day trip into a five day trip, including some Olympic rubber ducky slide games at the Holiday Inn Sioux Falls on Sunday night when I-29 was shut down.  There might still be some video on Youtube from that night.

Last year getting tickets was a hassle because the UNO ticket office would not answer the phone for a 701 area code, but this year was no problem direct from the Baxter ticket office.  Last year we got our tickets through a secondary marketer. Highly recommend going.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We'll be right there in contention for Chicago if we play like we did this past weekend. I've said it to a couple people, but, two weekends ago the entire college hockey world looked up and saw us beat Union in NY. Then, they saw we got Jost and Boeser back. Then, they all just saw us pummel a conference foe and a TUC 16-4.

Anyone hear that loud, collective... "uh oh"? :)

Combo of good guys getting healthy, and young players figuring out the game at this level. Obviously, winning out is unrealistic, BUT if they can play like that consistently, we will absolutely be back in Chicago. 

Big question for me is how do we respond over the next two weekends. Home games against Miami and Duluth. Winning would be great, but the more important questions is "how do we play?" We swept some series to start the season where we didn't look particularly sharp, whereas we swept Omaha and looked elite on all levels. Can't just squeeze past some of these opponents, but need to play at a dominant level (not necessarily putting up 8 goals a game), but playing sharp and a full 60.

No doubt that this weekend should really energize the fans. Lets sweep the home stand!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Combo of good guys getting healthy, and young players figuring out the game at this level. Obviously, winning out is unrealistic, BUT if they can play like that consistently, we will absolutely be back in Chicago. 

Big question for me is how do we respond over the next two weekends. Home games against Miami and Duluth. Winning would be great, but the more important questions is "how do we play?" We swept some series to start the season where we didn't look particularly sharp, whereas we swept Omaha and looked elite on all levels. Can't just squeeze past some of these opponents, but need to play at a dominant level (not necessarily putting up 8 goals a game), but playing sharp and a full 60.

No doubt that this weekend should really energize the fans. Lets sweep the home stand!

100% agree. We play like we did this past weekend, we are going to be tough to be no matter who we play. Period. Just so good for the entire weekend in EVERY facet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

The students are back now, right?

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Easy Meryl Streep................................................................

Hey now, go easy on Meryl Streep. She is a very oppressed famous millionaire. It was extremely courageous of her to get up in front of all those other oppressed millionaires, and preach about about how hard they all have it.

• Upvote 4