SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, Mamba said:

UNO might consider Cary Eades as next head coach. He left quickly & w/out ceremony from UND for reasons never officially disclosed. He's not been head coach at the college level but he has had tremendous success wherever he has been head coach. I don't see a season under .500  

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=7536

That would be outstanding but maybe bad for us ? I'll try to dial in a vision 

9 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

They're currently feeling pretty good about themselves because they live in an exciting place called Nebraska. 

Funny how people resort to ND bashing to make them feel better about their !@#!$ program that has won nothing.

Online UNO fan base has a huge inferiority complex.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mamba said:

UNO might consider Cary Eades as next head coach. He left quickly & w/out ceremony from UND for reasons never officially disclosed. He's not been head coach at the college level but he has had tremendous success wherever he has been head coach. I don't see a season under .500  

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=7536

I'm more worried that Blais might try to lift Goehring to Omaha.   

If Omaha's goaltending was as good as ours, the weekend would have been quite close.

23 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

If Omaha's goaltending was as good as ours, the weekend would have been quite close.

It might be good for Goehring to leave and take a bigger role elsewhere. After gaining all the necessary experience he could then come back here in a much bigger role in the future.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Their current goalie coach is Thompson from last years team, and last years goalie coach is now an assistant coach there.

6 hours ago, farce poobah said:

It was a little shocking, really, now bad their goaltending was.  For most of last night's game UNO held territorial advantage 5x5.   I was also a little shocked UNO did not attack our PP at the point either night or smother our wingers in our perimeter breakout scheme on Friday.   Most teams do that pretty successfully.  They did it last night, and it made a difference in possession time.  . 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

After 2 blowout road wins vs a ranked opponent UND sky rockets from #8 to #7 in the Pairwise after this weekend.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

The Michigan State loss and tie are the reason for that.

0-7 since coming to GF.  Embarrassingly bad weekend then...and even moreso as the season goes on.

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

After 2 blowout road wins vs a ranked opponent UND sky rockets from #8 to #7 in the Pairwise after this weekend.

With our rpi we won't move much after each game unless the teams above us lose. Just keep winning and we will slowly climb up. The series at home against Duluth with be huge.