SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

I see this as one entertainment figure stating a heartfelt opinion about another entertainment figure -  movie star to reality TV star, one a millionaire, one a billionaire.    A basic opinion that it's not decent to mock a person with a disability simply because he doesn't agree with you.   She should be entitled to give her opinion as the reality TV star was entitled to give his opinion.   One statement was childishly bullying and just sad.  (If you're own child did that to a handicapped kid, would you be OK with that?)  The other was saying Americans and even possibly people who want to be leaders, maybe should better than that.   For me, it says more out your own character if you feel the need to attack the person for stating their opinion and sticking up for someone less fortunate.  Whether they are poor, middle class or rich.....right is right.   But, that's just me.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Good one dumb*ss. I voted for the same guy you did...But I feel like I voted for a 16 year old girl now! 

Tell me how you feel via Twitter there most powerful man in the world!

Well.......I guess you are no different in resorting to name calling on social media/internet sites.

Might want to look up the definition of "hypocrite".

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Well.......I guess you are no different in resorting to name calling on social media/internet sites.

Might want to look up the definition of "hypocrite".

First off, I think of Meryl the same as you...Since you called me that you deserved the reply.

But most importantly there sharpy...

I'm not the President elect of the United States of America! Markets don't shift after I tweet, and people don't think stupid actions are acceptable just because I did them!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

First off, I think of Meryl the same as you...Since you called me that you deserved the reply.

I'm not the President elect of the United States of America! Markets don't shift after I tweet, and people don't think stupid actions are acceptable just because I did them!

Buyer's remorse? :p

I hate to say this but.....you get what you pay for. :(

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

We agree there.........it just makes you stupid.

Carry on..........

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

BC was good and if we're being honest Friday vs WMU was fantastic.

Just that whole Saturday power(less)play fiasco vs the Broncos was rough, that game feels like an exception though!

In our last 10 games (7-2-1). We have played some pretty good hockey in those 7 wins.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

In our last 10 games (7-2-1). We have played some pretty good hockey in those 7 wins.

I think they've only played 3 really bad games all year, Michigan State X2 and Saturday of WMU. In the rest of the loses, I thought they played reasonably well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

I think they've only played 3 really bad games all year, Michigan State X2 and Saturday of WMU. In the rest of the loses, I thought they played reasonably well.

Not sure I'd agree about the Duluth series, we looked pretty rough.

However, I'm willing to give it a pass because it was in October and UMD has a little bit of talent.

Just now, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

However, I'm willing to give it a pass because it was in October.

I was just about to make the same comment about the Duluth series. that was some of the worst hockey I've ever seen. I seriously considered turning the games off, not because they were losing, or even because the commentators were so horrific, but it was just plain boring to watch.

As has been pointed out, UND is on a solid run of hockey as of late, but with how inconsistent play was early in the season (even in a few series that we won) I think the next two weekends will speak volumes about where this team is going, and how they have developed since the beginning of the season. Consistency is key, and playing a full 60. I really liked what I saw on Saturday, when UNO scored early. The team didn't settle back and start playing defensively, they stuck with their game plan, attacked, and bounced back.

I'd like to see a sweep against Miami. I'd love a sweep against Duluth, but would prefer a series win, with solid consistent play. Do that and we are primed for a serious run at 9. Really like the play we got from splitting Boeser and Jost; it'll be interesting to see if we do that again.

12 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Not sure I'd agree about the Duluth series, we looked pretty rough.However, I'm willing to give it a pass because it was in October and UMD has a little bit of talent.

We played  2 decent periods that weekend(the second period of each game.) We gave up 8 goals on the weekend...3 on the power play....two shorthanded.....and a empty net goal.

Looking forward to how we match up now.

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

However, I'm willing to give it a pass because it was in October and UMD has a little bit of talent.

We'll have our chances to redeam ourselves against WMU and Duluth. MSU, MN, and Denver. not.

I like the home games an hour south to start in the NCAA's.

35 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I was just about to make the same comment about the Duluth series. that was some of the worst hockey I've ever seen. I seriously considered turning the games off, not because they were losing, or even because the commentators were so horrific, but it was just plain boring to watch.

I tried to but everyone else in the arena kept looking at me funny.