SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 FCS PLAYOFFS SEMIS

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Eastern Washington's loss shows me even more we are going down the right path by following the Bison example of a ball control offense and dominating defense.  Eastern Washington had a comfortable lead and didn't even attempt running, going downfield just about every down.  If this was a one time thing for them it would be different, but they traditionally need to outscore teams, and that doesn't work so well come playoff time.  More depth and beef and UND should be well set to challenge consistently.

• Upvote 3

Just now, tnt said:

Eastern Washington's loss shows me even more we are going down the right path by following the Bison example of a ball control offense and dominating defense.  Eastern Washington had a comfortable lead and didn't even attempt running, going downfield just about every down.  If this was a one time thing for them it would be different, but they traditionally need to outscore teams, and that doesn't work so well come playoff time.  More depth and beef and UND should be well set to challenge consistently.

It didn't help EWU that YSU's QB had pretty much all day to throw it. Just "playing coverage" and "keeping it in front of you" isn't enough, especially come playoff time.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Game gives me hope that UND can beat EWU next year with Bubba ball.  Run the ball down their throats....Santiago, Brady, J.J.

I wonder if the crazy prediction octopus had JMU and YSU going for the natty. 

Paul?  The octopus in Germany made famous during the 2010 World Cup?  He died a few months later, please and blessings be upon him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

I don't know what a "catch" is at any level of football anymore.

You don't think that was a catch? He didn't lose possession of it, he had his feet inbounds.....that is a catch. If the DB had been watching for the ball instead of grabbing the WR's jersey, EWU might be making plane reservations for Frisco right now, instead of cleaning out their lockers for the offseason.

39 minutes ago, tnt said:

it seemed like Rudolph was calling their plays for them. 

• Upvote 2