SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. WMU - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

14 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The powerplay- and this applies to every system- is all about identifying and capitalizing on 2-1s...we appear to have no concept

I'm going back to my "Decline it!" stance.

"Extra man" is the only way to describe this power play.

The most frustrating part is that we had taken momentum of the game over five on five, then we have a chance to do the same on the scoreboard and it ends up costing us the momentum and the game. I would like Schlossman to do a little research on how bad we have been on five minute majors. Somehow I don't think St. Cloud would go scoreless on 12 minutes of power play, much less hardly any shots.  Where was the desperation we saw when the goalie was pulled? It shouldn't take a marquee game to have the motivation to win. Rant over.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, keikla said:

My memory may be a little hazy because it's been so long, but I don't think Toews played in either game before the WJC camp started.  So we actually got one more game out of Jost than we did last time around.

I just believe that HC could let a kid play in a teams league game and miss maybe a part of a practice or team mtg. I think Jost could have dramatically changed the outcome especially on the face offs.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxhawkey said:

Probably because the crowd kept telling them to SHOOT IT, you know because the crowd knows when is the best time to take a shot!

This drives me nuts! Neighbors in our section all scream SHOOT! I want to stand and yell no stupid...there is no lane to shoot down, or they are at the blue line! There is one couple who yell at  the dump and chases because they don't at least shoot it at the goalie when entering the zone!! My god...learn the game! 

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

This drives me nuts! Neighbors in our section all scream SHOOT! I want to stand and yell no stupid...there is no lane to shoot down, or they are at the blue line! There is one couple who yell at  the dump and chases because they don't at least shoot it at the goalie when entering the zone!! My god...learn the game! 

giphy.gif

If someones open, just whip it at the net. Cam, this means you too. Shoot it from the center ice ND!!!!

6 minutes ago, keikla said:

I completely agree that Jost changes the outcome of the game, but it's not like he's the only player who missed a game tonight because of heading to HC's camp.  The college hockey community complains that Canada never takes college players but then begs for exceptions to the camp schedule when someone finally gets selected.

Please note - I'm not singling you out specifically on this, I just happened to respond to your message.

I know you're right, I agree.

Just let me vent some anger at the Great White North, it gets me ready to hate onCanuckians during the juniors.

blame-canada-slider.jpg

22 minutes ago, keikla said:

I completely agree that Jost changes the outcome of the game, but it's not like he's the only player who missed a game tonight because of heading to HC's camp.  The college hockey community complains that Canada never takes college players but then begs for exceptions to the camp schedule when someone finally gets selected.

Please note - I'm not singling you out specifically on this, I just happened to respond to your message.

What's next then? They'll want our players for a month before the tournament? Where do you draw the line? Nowhere?

1 hour ago, johnsowe said:

The worst part is that they keep doing the same thing over and over.  The best PP is puck possession and moving the puck around not standing at the point and hoping it goes in.

This. It's just not tonight, their special teams are awful and have been all year. 31st PP and 46th PK in the nation, that is completely unacceptable, but will we see them try anything differently? Based on the past decade the answer is no. Cost them another game tonight.  

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

This. It's just not tonight, their special teams are awful and have been all year. 31st PP and 46th PK in the nation, that is completely unacceptable, but will we see them try anything differently? Based on the past decade the answer is no. Cost them another game tonight.  

At what point does the coaching staff realize that their PP and PK they have been doing for that last few seasons doesn't work. The coaches need to spend the break coming up with a new PP and PK.

20 minutes ago, cberkas said:

At what point does the coaching staff realize that their PP and PK they have been doing for that last few seasons doesn't work. The coaches need to spend the break coming up with a new PP and PK.

Yes.  This 1000x over.
Our special teams is ridiculously bad.  WMU was essentially trying to give UND the game tonight with all those penalties. 

Just have the coaches watch some PP film from SCSU or UMN or something...they seem to always have good PP.

• Upvote 2