SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional Tickets

franchise

20 minutes ago, Tbone said:

I noticed tickets were $40 dollars for a weekend ticket at Cincinnati and were also cheaper at both venues out east. I thought that the ticket price was set the same by the NCAA

Oh no, the altruistic NCAA still operates by caveat emptor. 

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not sure why UND doesn't bid to host at the Sanford Center in Sioux Falls.  Would be a lot easier for others to get tickets since it holds double what Scheels Arena holds. Sure its further away, But I don't think they would have any trouble filling it.

Well for one thing it does nothing to help North Dakota as far as income for hotels, restaurants, etc. Sure it's Fargo not Grand Forks but at least it's in North Dakota. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not sure why UND doesn't bid to host at the Sanford Center in Sioux Falls.  Would be a lot easier for others to get tickets since it holds double what Scheels Arena holds. Sure its further away, But I don't think they would have any trouble filling it.

6,000 UND fans. 4,000 Sioux Falls fans?

Target Center is closer to UND than Sanford Center.

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

6,000 UND fans. 4,000 Sioux Falls fans?

Isn't Target Center closer to UND.

GF to SF and GF to Target Center are both right at 320 miles. 

Think we could get an NCAA waiver and host a regional ... here? It's just 150 miles, or is that 240 kilometers? ;)

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Think we could get an NCAA waiver and host a regional ... here? It's just 150 miles, or is that 240 kilometers? ;)

314 to 316 miles to be exact.

It would be ideal. Plus with the exchange rate gfhockey can afford more lap dances with those six figures.

Fyi, Sanford Center has already said they were (or wanted) to put in a bid.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Good idea...That way all our overage Canadian players would feel right at home. :D

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

314 to 316 miles to be exact.

It would be ideal. Plus with the exchange rate gfhockey can afford more lap dances with those six figures.

Fyi, Sanford Center has already said they were (or wanted) to put in a bid.

I think they did put on in.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

All about supply and demand........pretty simple.

Patience for warm weather will be in short supply in late March.  At these ticket prices and room rates, the wife's demand will be to divert this funding toward a tropical vacation.  The microeconomics at Shawn-O's house.  :cool:

• Upvote 1