SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting hawks vs spiders

Longtime fan

Proud of this UND team.  To think that just a few years ago they were 3-8.

All I ever expect from the F'Hawks is 60 minutes of playing their hardest.  They'll never let us down by giving up.  Not their style.  I watched the Spiders play yesterday and it was a pretty hard game to gauge.  NC a&t looked just tired and beat.

12 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Bison trolls out all over the place.  I really looking forward to this game.

We have all been waiting for this game a long time!

I have a couple Denver area UND Alums I went to school with coming over to watch this game. These are traditionally hockey only fans, very nice to see them broadening their UND support.

1 hour ago, Milford torgerson said:

We got this thing.  The eastern teams are all soft compared to our smash it style.  Well be resting our starters to the fourth in this one

Are you kidding me?!?  We haven't rested starters in a single game yet this year...what makes you think we will do it Saturday?!?  It's going to be a dogfight to the end...

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I just read the UND / Richmond thread on AGS...wow, the bison fans are out in force lol. I think I will stick with commenting on this site.

Why would any UND fan even want to participate there?  NDSU folks hijack any conversation that mentions UND before we even get a chance to see it.  Most AGS'ers have a toxic view of UND purely because of the narrative that NDSU rubes push over there...I guess that's what happens when tractors drive themselves and the farm folk have extra time on their hands...hahaha

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I just read the UND / Richmond thread on AGS...wow, the bison fans are out in force lol. I think I will stick with commenting on this site.

The whole site is nothing but Bisonville 2.0, and what would the Bison know about the Alerus except they are 0-2. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Are you kidding me?!?  We haven't rested starters in a single game yet this year...what makes you think we will do it Saturday?!?  It's going to be a dogfight to the end...

Sure, UND will likely be playing a tight game right to the end, but it's okay to have a little confidence that UND might win by a wide margin. 

UND football and its supporters have work to do in terms of lifting their expectations. Bubba has adjusted by openly mentioning national championship aspirations (I definitely applaud him for that), now it's the fans' turn. 

Go Hawks! Go for the big win!! 

51 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sacramento State 

40-7 win for UND 

Ok...one time...I stand corrected.  I'm all for having high expectations...but I'm not going to call any FCS playoff game a cakewalk...especially when we are making our first ever appearance.  Richmond is a good team and their young QB is talented...they will be a tough out for us...as will any team we play from here on out...

5 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Ok...one time...I stand corrected.  I'm all for having high expectations...but I'm not going to call any FCS playoff game a cakewalk...especially when we are making our first ever appearance.  Richmond is a good team and their young QB is talented...they will be a tough out for us...as will any team we play from here on out...

Completely agree. I love hoping UND is a championship contender, but I'm not so delusional as to think this will be a tough game. I'm guessing Bubba feels the same way and is expressing that to the team all week.

If winning 9 games in a row and being Co-Champs of the Big Sky doesn't get us respect from some - then they are among those that will never respect us. We beat Richmond and they will say - you beat a team without it's starting quarterback. With three week rest we should be at a peak. I am confident not arrogant that we win this game. 

• Upvote 3

I have no idea what to expect Saturday...as this is completely uncharted territory for this team.  That being said I'm hopeful we come out and play our best football of 2016...and that effort is enough to allow us to move on.  That's all I can ask for at this point.  we are down to the final 16 teams in the FCS...I'm not going to write off any of them...