SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud State - SATURDAY Gameday ********

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, burd said:

With the ribbing we are giving their announcers (who I thought did a nice job outside the name problems), I kinda miss Hammer's goofiness. 

Hammer's hammerisms did become endearing. Wouldn't have gotten TCoS or gumming it up along the boards if it weren't for him. 

Just now, iluvdebbies said:

I'm not sure why anyone would mess with the lineup after this weekend.

Good point. Olson fits better on the smaller ice. Give another net front presence as well and is physical.

18 minutes ago, brianvf said:

And the PK and PP both improved, that's huge!

Count me as one of the amazed at the turn in the PK.  SCSU didn't have a sniff on the PP for most of the weekend.  That wide open back door play they've scored on many.....many occasions over the past few years never became a factor.

Even 6-4 at the end UND got a clean kill without any real threats to the shutout.  

This was a season turning performance before their series against Michigan State. I want to wait until the Christmas break to fully evaluate the team, but there's so much promise. Their schedule the last 8 has been absolutely brutal and 2-4-2 is not a good record, but they haven't been that far off in the games they've lost. Wolanin is an absolute stud and Shaw has been better his sophomore year than I expected. The sophomore class as a unit has stepped up and the freshman are getting used to the grind. Get to 9-4-2 with a sweep next weekend and they are on par with early season projections. 

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

I'm going to Chicago in April, how about anyone else?

I wouldn't mind if Chicago became the permanent location of the Frozen Four. Third largest city in the country with plenty to do. Third largest NHL arena in the country. And most important it's right in the middle of college hockey country where us Nodakers could easily drive to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I wouldn't mind if Chicago became the permanent location of the Frozen Four. Third largest city in the country with plenty to do. Third largest NHL arena in the country. And most important it's right in the middle of college hockey country where us Nodakers could easily drive to.

Keep it rotating, just remove places from hosting regionals that have poor attendance.

• Upvote 1

Some say Boesser is shooting too much and will not dish, but I thought me made some very nice plays last night.   And he continues to disrupt in the Ozone with his puck possession.  Jost is outworking him, though, on the forecheck and overall defensive side.   That's not a dig on Boesser.   There is some truth to the comments comparing Jost to Toews style of play. 

22 minutes ago, burd said:

Some say Boesser is shooting too much and will not dish, but I thought me made some very nice plays last night.   And he continues to disrupt in the Ozone with his puck possession.  Jost is outworking him, though, on the forecheck and overall defensive side.   That's not a dig on Boesser.   There is some truth to the comments comparing Jost to Toews style of play. 

Jost has NHL edge work and board play. In addition, better face off player and two-way player. 

Keep those two on separate lines and let them compete on who the best player on the team is going forward. 

Nothing again Brock at all and Jost is going to have quite the solid season this year  

Brock will score next weekend and then hopefully he can heal up a bit going forward.  

Gersich is his own player and doesn't have to fill Caggiula's shoes, but he is getting to be that guy who disrupts on the forecheck, knows how to get open, and takes advantage of his opportunities to score.  And the more attention he gets the more room Boesser and Jost will get when they are on the ice with him.  That's partly what was so good about Caggiula last year--opponents could not afford to concentrate just on Schmaltz and Boesser.  A coverage nightmare.  

Wilke is working hard and coming sooo close.   

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Play a sub par Michigan St team.  You leave Wilkie in and hope he gets one and the money off his back. C'mon people. Think! 

UND has played a couple of those team so this year and some last year and the production has been what? Just saying...........

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

You and I were in Tampa this past April right?

SMH

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You and I were in Tampa this past April right?

SMH

I know right. 

I'm trying to find that balance between price (driveability) and luxurious beaches....I was thinking more like, I wouldn't care if the Frozen Four was never in Boston, Detroit, Washington DC, or Pittsburgh ever again. But we all know that's not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND has played a couple of those team so this year and some last year and the production has been what? Just saying...........

I get that Wilkie hasn't produced yet but I just don't get why most just want to jump to put Olson back in who has done absolutely nothing for a year longer and is a junior. I'm sorry but he can't skate at this level. There's no doubt Wilkie is fighting the puck and the game is a little quick for him but his upside is much higher than Olson.