SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Champs!

geaux_sioux

28 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Now we are getting somewhere . lol. all mud slinging aside 

NDSU .  one of the best teams in fcs  their overall resume basically stands alone.

Sdsu at #10 is about right.   their resume shows they can beat anyone anywhere. They have also shown they can lose to anyone anywhere. I believe if they get out a hot streak they have a good enough team to win it all. Going off of past experience I would rather play half of the teams in the top 10 before I played them. In all seriousness I would say the same about UND.   the only difference is UND has not proven they can beat anybody anywhere because they have not played any of the top teams.  That is not a knock just what it is because of their schedule 

Ysu at 14 might be a little high... I am not sure of their quarterback situation or if they ever get their number one guy back if they do that would make a huge difference.

Wiu and isu being 24 and 25...who cares  isu is probably a little more dangerous than Western.   quite frankly both of these teams are probably better than Lehigh or Wolford.

Uni the team you love to hate is a little different animal. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs and probably won't but they always have a tough team. And until the big running quarterback graduates they could literally beat anybody.   he's a marginal quarterback at best but possibly the best athlete in the FCS.

As far as the big sky goes Eastern is similar to NDSU and as I said before UND is similar to SDSU. The rest of the Big Sky is no different than Western Illinois. Not bad but not great.

As for the rest of the fcs playoff field there are probably a couple good teams and the rest are where they're at because of their terrible schedules. And as soon as those teams get locked up with somebody good it shows instantly.  

Just my opinion . 

earlier you said that UND = middle of the road valley.....now you're saying that UND/ sdsu are similar.   Looks like UND could be co champs in the mvfc as well.   Thank you for your clarification  

47 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

earlier you said that UND = middle of the road valley.....now you're saying that UND/ sdsu are similar.   Looks like UND could be co champs in the mvfc as well.   Thank you for your clarification  

Here we go again.  sorry for the compliment. I should have known it would go straight to your head.  We should name you national champs now because you beat a under ranked Weber state and norther Arizona...  

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Reasonable post, good for you.  Comments in red.

Thank you. The problem the Big Sky has created is the huge conference. It's hard to respect a conference that has such a low bottom. Your argument might be right but anybody looking at it would think those teams have two or three wins because they played the bottom of your conference. Yeah a team might have five or six wins but who did they play?   the difference is South Dakota has Four Wins but somehow got them playing teams that also have four five or six wins.  not Idaho and uc davis....   you have to admit those three or four teams water down your conference.   which may be unfortunate for somebody in the middle.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Thank you. The problem the Big Sky has created is the huge conference. It's hard to respect a conference that has such a low bottom. Your argument might be right but anybody looking at it would think those teams have two or three wins because they played the bottom of your conference. Yeah a team might have five or six wins but who did they play?   the difference is South Dakota has Four Wins but somehow got them playing teams that also have four five or six wins.  not Idaho and uc davis....   you have to admit those three or four teams water down your conference.   which may be unfortunate for somebody in the middle.

1 hour ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Here we go again.  sorry for the compliment. I should have known it would go straight to your head.  We should name you national champs now because you beat a under ranked Weber state and norther Arizona...  

That time of the month for you??  Your trying to hard to say this and then say that but mean this or that.  Gotta give it to you ....your are funny 

1 hour ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

And Missouri St, Indiana St and Southern Illinois are different how? 

Arguement can be made for every conference. 

29 minutes ago, homer said:

And Missouri St, Indiana St and Southern Illinois are different how? 

Arguement can be made for every conference. 

You have 5 team in your conference with the same or worse record as isu...   so no that's not as good. I will say this slow. So with an unbalanced schedule if you play the bottom teams and win 5 games you're not good either. Your big game against Northern Arizona A 5 win team with three wins against the bottom part of the schedule is not a good team.   if you think uni is overhyped and they might be. Then Northern Arizona being rank is an absolute joke! Their biggest win is over Weber State! If you can't figure that out then there is no hope.

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

You have 5 team in your conference with the same or worse record as isu...   so no that's not as good. I will say this slow. So with an unbalanced schedule if you play the bottom teams and win 5 games you're not good either. Your big game against Northern Arizona A 5 win team with three wins against the bottom part of the schedule is not a good team.   if you think uni is overhyped and they might be. Then Northern Arizona being rank is an absolute joke! Their biggest win is over Weber State! If you can't figure that out then there is no hope.

Thanks for stopping by...Go back to Bisonville or AGS

46 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Bless your heart. 

On 11/15/2016 at 4:31 PM, UNDColorado said:

We will likely lose but I am definitely going to this one. Salt Lake City for UND Football and a long weekend sounds pretty cool.

I don't believe UND will lose unless it actually happens. NDSU does their thing with pure confidence. UND needs to do the same.

Beat the Utes!!!

On 11/15/2016 at 7:04 PM, Cratter said:

The thing with EWU coach is, yeah he went from no playoffs to a pretty good team, but he's been there for nine years. He has big sky championships, a national title, etc. He would basically get rewarded for having a down year last year and returning to EWU "normalcy" this year. 

While Bubba has taken a UND team that finished 10th in the Big Sky before his arrival to Big Sky Champs and National Championship contenders in only three years. 

The current EWU coach took over a team that made the FCS quarterfinals.

You have the best formula right there, Bubba is ahead!

Now that the season is over, here's what we know. UND had one of the toughest, if not the toughest, schedules in the Big Sky Conference.

UND played 3 out of the top 4 teams in the conference.

EWU, for example, only had to play 1 out of the top 4 in the conference.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Now that the season is over, here's what we know. UND had one of the toughest, if not the toughest, schedules in the Big Sky Conference.

UND played 3 out of the top 4 teams in the conference.

EWU, for example, only had to play 1 out of the top 4 in the conference.

UND is very deserving of the big sky champ banner.  

Its so nice to be talking playoffs and seeding instead of what went wrong. With the health of these young men, the double bye (hopefully) will mend them up for a nice December run!!  

On 11/12/2016 at 7:51 PM, geaux_sioux said:

In Bubba We Trust

Great post game presser. I believe that Bubba and I are related somehow through non blood marriage. An Aunt of mine was from Zeeland. Isn't he from that area? I like that a ND native is havin success. Btw....is the Grady kid from out west healthy and/or still playing this season? My family is from Parshall -New Town.

Just now, Northern Bison said:

Great post game presser. I believe that Bubba and I are related somehow through non blood marriage. An Aunt of mine was from Zeeland. Isn't he from that area? I like that a ND native is havin success. Btw....is the Grady kid from out west healthy and/or still playing this season? My family is from Parshall -New Town.

Perfectly healthy, just went back to the rez to be with his kid and baby mama. Unfortunate, he was the real deal.