SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Champs!

geaux_sioux

7 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

We have more than one team that has won a NC in the 21st Century after NDSU your conference has...none. Before you argue your last conference mate was YSU in 97.

Awesome .   

Obviously if you are going to talk about championships in the recent past... well just stop.

Here is the bottom line .   UND has had a great year, congratulations .   but the fact is you have played one... maybe two playoff teams this year.  Thats a fact like it or not.

This whole thing started with a post about next  years schedule . ..  I realize teams are different from year to year.   some kids graduate and new guys come in. But as it stands right now UND will be playing two teams next year that will start the 2017 season ranked in the top 25... maybe only 1 if Montana loses their final game of the season.   The fact is that is hardly a tough schedule.  

I do not know why UND would want to even join the crappy Valley. Obviously it would just be a cakewalk.

8 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

This whole thing started with a post about next  years schedule . ..  I realize teams are different from year to year.   some kids graduate and new guys come in. But as it stands right now UND will be playing two teams next year that will start the 2017 season ranked in the top 25... maybe only 1 if Montana loses their final game of the season.   The fact is that is hardly a tough schedule. 

Pretty contradictory and complete garbage. Who cares where teams start the year, it's where they end. Preseason rankings are barely worth the paper they are written on. 

UND also plays Utah next year but you just seemed to skim right over that. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Pretty contradictory and complete garbage. Who cares where teams start the year, it's where they end. Preseason rankings are barely worth the paper they are written on. 

UND also plays Utah next year but you just seemed to skim right over that. 

Sorry.  Three good games.  You win again.  

23 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It would be nice to only have to win half our games and just ride the moo u coattails to the playoffs. 

You might be right,  but I can tell you over the last 5 years the teams in the valley have given NDSU the toughest games regular season, and playoffs.  With the exception of Georgia Southern once, Montana, once and Costal once.  Obviously NDSU plays more games against valley teams.  In two weeks when the bracket comes out the teams for ether ndsu or und to hope to steer clear of are valley teams or eastern washington.   

2 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

You might be right,  but I can tell you over the last 5 years the teams in the valley have given NDSU the toughest games regular season, and playoffs.  With the exception of Georgia Southern once, Montana, once and Costal once.  Obviously NDSU plays more games against valley teams.  In two weeks when the bracket comes out the teams for ether ndsu or und to hope to steer clear of are valley teams or eastern washington.   

I'd be fine with playing WIU, YSU, or UNI at the Alerus.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

He's right as they obviously steamrolled Eastern Wash this year...

1 hour ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Sorry.  Three good games.  You win again.  

Based on what? You have no clue how next season will play out. Quit trying to pretend you do by using non-existent preseason rankings that will be garbage once they do exist. 

PS - MVSU and Robert Morris. No preseason rankings necessary to know where those teams will stack up. 

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Based on what? You have no clue how next season will play out. Quit trying to pretend you do by using non-existent preseason rankings that will be garbage once they do exist. 

PS - MVSU and Robert Morris. No preseason rankings necessary to know where those teams will stack up. 

You are right again!  like I said to begin with UND's next years schedule looks like big 10 hockey.  It's a compliment!  Next year the  big 10 MIGHT have the best conference!  In fact They probably do right now because the NCHC is a one trick pony and everyone else is riding the coattails of said pony.  I know this because the pony lost to a big 10 team already this season... so the big 10 must be better.  right?  

PS  I have know idea what MVSU and Bob morris have to do with anything, but both are not great teams and will make for a easier non-conference schedule for NDSU next year...   I get that and I understand that and I will gladly say that instead of trying to act like those might be top five teams.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

You are right again!  like I said to begin with UND's next years schedule looks like big 10 hockey.  It's a compliment!  Next year the  big 10 MIGHT have the best conference!  In fact They probably do right now because the NCHC is a one trick pony and everyone else is riding the coattails of said pony.  I know this because the pony lost to a big 10 team already this season... so the big 10 must be better.  right?  

PS  I have know idea what MVSU and Bob morris have to do with anything, but both are not great teams and will make for a easier non-conference schedule for NDSU next year...   I get that and I understand that and I will gladly say that instead of trying to act like those might be top five teams.

Proper trolling requires a certain touch. Your trolling is like trying to do brain surgery with a butchers knife. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Proper trolling requires a certain touch. Your trolling is like trying to do brain surgery with a butchers knife. 

Just trying to understand the logic that the unranked teams are the best and underrated . .. and the ranked teams are not good and overrated . ..  we will all see how it goes in two weeks.  

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Totally agree.  Red Pepper 19 is the JV of Trolling.  Maybe take some time off, regroup, get some better materials, prepare better.......

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

19 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Totally agree.  Red Pepper 19 is the JV of Trolling.  Maybe take some time off, regroup, get some better materials, prepare better.......

Yep.  Only thing he's done to make people legitimately angry is bring shame to the name Red Pepper.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Question .   If the Valley is so overrated than how  did a 4 win USD team take the Big Sky champs to overtime at home?

Because we were playing terrible football to start the season. We were 0-2 going in.

How did an average Weber state take USD to overtime the week prior at USD?

15 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Question .   If the Valley is so overrated than how  did a 4 win USD team take the Big Sky champs to overtime at home?

Question: how does the supposed #3 team per sagarin, uni, Iose to a very average big sky team, (3-4 big sky/ 8th place) Montana? UNI is 0-2 vs the big sky this year, AND they lost to SD!   Somehow every team within the mvfc walls is credited for beating them????? Sdsu will get credit for beating a 5-6 team?   Explain that one to me

3 minutes ago, homer said:

The same USD that beat UNI?

Maybe uni had a bad quarter . ..lol   you all just proved my point. All of the teams you just listed off played with South Dakota who played with you!   so by your Logic you are no better than the overrated Valley teams.   the only difference is you are the conference champ! So explain to me who's overrated?