SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Champs!

geaux_sioux

Just now, Red Pepper 19 said:

Maybe uni had a bad quarter . ..lol   you all just proved my point. All of the teams you just listed off played with South Dakota who played with you!   so by your Logic you are no better than the overrated Valley teams.   the only difference is you are the conference champ! So explain to me who's overrated?

How did the MVFC do vs the Big Sky this year head to head?

24 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Question .   If the Valley is so overrated than how  did a 4 win USD team take the Big Sky champs to overtime at home?

No, the question is: How did a MVFC team allow a 20 point third quarter lead become a 2OT loss? And when they knew better based on blowing a 20 point lead in 2011 in the same building no less! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No, the question is: How did a MVFC team allow a 20 point third quarter lead become a 2OT loss? And when they knew better based on blowing a 20 point lead in 2011 in the same building no less! 

Huge win.   hopefully don't have to play them again in the playoffs. It's always harder to beat the same team twice in one season.

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

What about Poly who is tied for 4th in the Big Sky (with 4 other teams) beating SDSU at SDSU?  

How do you have 4 conference teams tied for 4th?   don't you play everybody in your conference?

So if cal poly loses their last game they will finish in eighth place in the Big Sky and that's your best win on the season? That's my point.

Also please don't play the we beat this team and that team beat this team and that team beat this team game. So stupid.

I have no idea why uni  lost or SDSU lost. Maybe they had a bad quarter also. Maybe they weren't playing their best football at the beginning of the year. These are two of my favorites all time. If it stands true for you it must stand true for everybody else.

• Downvote 4

44 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Maybe uni had a bad quarter . ..lol   you all just proved my point. All of the teams you just listed off played with South Dakota who played with you!   so by your Logic you are no better than the overrated Valley teams.   the only difference is you are the conference champ! So explain to me who's overrated?

Every mvfc team outside of ndsu 

What's your thought? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

How do you have 4 conference teams tied for 4th?   don't you play everybody in your conference?

So if cal poly loses their last game they will finish in eighth place in the Big Sky and that's your best win on the season? That's my point.

Also please don't play the we beat this team and that team beat this team and that team beat this team game. So stupid.

I have no idea why uni  lost or SDSU lost. Maybe they had a bad quarter also. Maybe they weren't playing their best football at the beginning of the year. These are two of my favorites all time. If it stands true for you it must stand true for everybody else.

Your a riot !   And obviously bored 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

1 hour ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Huge win.   hopefully don't have to play them again in the playoffs. It's always harder to beat the same team twice in one season.

I'm not sure you understood me.
I'm interpreting your "huge win" comment to be USD coming back over Weber State (in Vermillion) this season.

I was talking about UND over USD in 2016 ... and UND over USD in 2011

1 hour ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

If you were on the menu at The Pepper you would be a nothing grinder, just bread.

• Upvote 2

It's actually not right that somebody should even be able to use the name Red Pepper on here and not be from Grand Forks or have went to UND.  Other than that, I'm done arguing on this one.  We've got one, maybe two weeks off though.....guess we need something to talk about and he is providing our inspiration. 

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Every mvfc team outside of ndsu 

What's your thought? 

Now we are getting somewhere . lol. all mud slinging aside 

NDSU .  one of the best teams in fcs  their overall resume basically stands alone.

Sdsu at #10 is about right.   their resume shows they can beat anyone anywhere. They have also shown they can lose to anyone anywhere. I believe if they get out a hot streak they have a good enough team to win it all. Going off of past experience I would rather play half of the teams in the top 10 before I played them. In all seriousness I would say the same about UND.   the only difference is UND has not proven they can beat anybody anywhere because they have not played any of the top teams.  That is not a knock just what it is because of their schedule 

Ysu at 14 might be a little high... I am not sure of their quarterback situation or if they ever get their number one guy back if they do that would make a huge difference.

Wiu and isu being 24 and 25...who cares  isu is probably a little more dangerous than Western.   quite frankly both of these teams are probably better than Lehigh or Wolford.

Uni the team you love to hate is a little different animal. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs and probably won't but they always have a tough team. And until the big running quarterback graduates they could literally beat anybody.   he's a marginal quarterback at best but possibly the best athlete in the FCS.

As far as the big sky goes Eastern is similar to NDSU and as I said before UND is similar to SDSU. The rest of the Big Sky is no different than Western Illinois. Not bad but not great.

As for the rest of the fcs playoff field there are probably a couple good teams and the rest are where they're at because of their terrible schedules. And as soon as those teams get locked up with somebody good it shows instantly.  

Just my opinion . 

19 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Now we are getting somewhere . lol. all mud slinging aside 

NDSU .  one of the best teams in fcs  their overall resume basically stands alone.

Sdsu at #10 is about right.   their resume shows they can beat anyone anywhere. They have also shown they can lose to anyone anywhere. I believe if they get out a hot streak they have a good enough team to win it all. Going off of past experience I would rather play half of the teams in the top 10 before I played them. In all seriousness I would say the same about UND.   the only difference is UND has not proven they can beat anybody anywhere because they have not played any of the top teams.  That is not a knock just what it is because of their schedule 

Ysu at 14 might be a little high... I am not sure of their quarterback situation or if they ever get their number one guy back if they do that would make a huge difference.

Wiu and isu being 24 and 25...who cares  isu is probably a little more dangerous than Western.   quite frankly both of these teams are probably better than Lehigh or Wolford.

Uni the team you love to hate is a little different animal. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs and probably won't but they always have a tough team. And until the big running quarterback graduates they could literally beat anybody.   he's a marginal quarterback at best but possibly the best athlete in the FCS.

As far as the big sky goes Eastern is similar to NDSU and as I said before UND is similar to SDSU. The rest of the Big Sky is no different than Western Illinois. Not bad but not great.  Fair.  I'd put several up against YSU, but there isn't much difference there.  One issue I have is BSC teams, particularly the ones in the middle, are typically undervalued.  The perception is when a top BSC team loses to a middle BSC team, it's because the top BSC team actually isn't that good.  On the other side, when a top MVFC team loses to a middle MVFC team, it's because the entire MVFC is really good and would each be conference champions if they played in any other conference.  It gets old.

As for the rest of the fcs playoff field there are probably a couple good teams and the rest are where they're at because of their terrible schedules. And as soon as those teams get locked up with somebody good it shows instantly.  

Just my opinion . 

Reasonable post, good for you.  Comments in red.