SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ ISU 3:30 PM

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Anyone else think Gordon needs more snaps?  He's killed it this year whenever he gets the chance!

He looked great on his carries. Tough call with those two in front of him. It's a great problem to have. That move Gordon had on his second carry was awesome. Broke down the defenders hips and ran right past him. The announcers were impressed. 

37 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I take full responsibility for todays lackluster performance. I've been drinking exclusively lagers on gamedays and today I went with Hefeweizens and golden ales..... we got lucky. Next week it's back to the Labat. My bad.

I'll share in the blame. Or my wife will. I told her to put my son in his und shirt this morning, as he has worn it the last several weekends. She didn't. 

She had already lined it up for next Saturday :)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'll share in the blame. Or my wife will. I told her to put my son in his und shirt this morning, as he has worn it the last several weekends. She didn't. 

It was a team loss. Our look a likes will be better next week as well.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He looked great on his carries. Tough call with those two in front of him. It's a great problem to have. That move Gordon had on his second carry was awesome. Broke down the defenders hips and ran right past him. The announcers were impressed. 

Is there any school in the Big Sky at which he wouldn't be a starter???  

50 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I take full responsibility for todays lackluster performance. I've been drinking exclusively lagers on gamedays and today I went with Hefeweizens and golden ales..... we got lucky. Next week it's back to the Labat. My bad.

What were the golden ales? I hope they were good? You try Rhombus Iconic Blonde? Love it.

2 minutes ago, Irish said:

Anyone else sick and tired of our corners playing 10 yards off - it seems this is beginning to be a tradition here regardless of who coaches.  Cowboy up for craps sake.

It's a tough call with no Reyes. Play up on your man and maybe give up the backbreaker over the top. With our situation today I kind of agree with just keeping things in front of us. We got lucky on the one deep pass but other than that we did great against the big play.

25 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

No more last minute changes to your score predictions!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, shep said:

Is there any school in the Big Sky at which he wouldn't be a starter???  

Watching the NAU game right now......their true freshman RB looks like he might be right on par with any of the 3 RB's we've got.....he's looked pretty good in what I've seen. 

2 hours ago, Irish said:

Anyone else sick and tired of our corners playing 10 yards off - it seems this is beginning to be a tradition here regardless of who coaches.  Cowboy up for craps sake.

Partly appeared Idaho St was trying to copy SUU with the quick short passes...and in both games it was working pretty good against UND.

On October 22, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Irish said:

Really upset with our pass defense.  Young...yes ...lead the the fcs in INTs ...yes....but they give up so much, so often and so easy.  They have moments of looking really good but more often then not it's just frustrating to watch. Need to clean it up. We haven't faced a good/ great passing team yet......  I cringe at the thought when we finally do. 

Also, little disappointed with our front seven in the last couple weeks ....they need better push and pressure on a consistent basis. Great talent and depth there......make your presence known every play!  

Penalties need to be addressed!  Huge thorn! 

wasn't able to listen to or watch the game but it sounds like und couldn't of played any worse, so a win is a win. Glad to have won 6 straight!   

Why does und struggle against these guys!?  Frustrating  

Und should have abused their d to the tune of 400 yrds rushing.  

Hopefully und got their worst game of the year out of the way.  

6-2 5-0 big sky.  Finish out strong! 

Weber  your up 

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's a tough call with no Reyes. Play up on your man and maybe give up the backbreaker over the top. With our situation today I kind of agree with just keeping things in front of us. We got lucky on the one deep pass but other than that we did great against the big play.

Prevent defense is crap, whether it is high school, NFL or college. It is also crap in hockey, but that's another topic for another place. We better figure out this short-quick-pass weakness or we'll be leaving the Alerus Center on Saturday feeling pretty empty.

ISU really, really stacked the box yesterday and we struggled.   Whether it was penalties or getting no gains or negative plays running to the sidelines we were our own worst enemy yesterday.  

Glad Reyes got some rest time but he needs to stay healthy down the stretch.  These remaining three weeks of the season could be the ugliest wins ever but I'd take them.  The boys are one of the only teams (maybe the only) that has to grind out 11 straight weeks and they looked tired yesterday.  We questioned our depth before the season started and it is being tested.  Have to gut it out and not be our own worst enemy on game days. 

Again UND won and that's the most important fact but really disappointed with the continuing mental and physical mistakes this far into the season. Muss isn't coaching this team.......Bubba is. I expect better discipline.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Prevent defense is crap, whether it is high school, NFL or college. It is also crap in hockey, but that's another topic for another place. We better figure out this short-quick-pass weakness or we'll be leaving the Alerus Center on Saturday feeling pretty empty.

We weren't in a prevent yesterday. We blitzed and tried to pressure the qb and it worked sometimes. They ran almost exclusively 3 step drops. They can have that all day. Look at their stats, they didn't do much against us even though it sure felt and looked like it. We weren't great at all but we only allowed them over the top once. Could have been much much worse. Oh and we won.

• Upvote 1