SiouxSports.com Forum

Diversity Issues on Campus

WiSioux

What happened at Quinnipiac is the reason that schools actually look into the incidents instead of act now, ask questions later:

A Twitter user identifying herself as a Quinnipiac student shared the Snapchat image that forced administrators to take disciplinary measures against the student who took the picture
Social media users who saw the photo called for the expulsion of the woman in the picture.
It was later learned, however, that the student in the image was wearing a beauty facial mask and that she had no knowledge that the person taking the photograph would post it on Snapchat with a racially insensitive caption. 
The university disciplined the friend who took the photograph rather than the woman pictured, Fox 61 and the Hartford Courant are reporting

If the people with mob mentality would have had their way, the girl in the picture would have been expelled when she had nothing to do with the picture short of wearing a mud mask. But by then they would have had their pound of flesh and moved on, so it wouldn't have mattered.

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I heard the fourth girl's last name is Black.  

That is almost a Charlotte situation, where a black cop shoots a black thug and the black crowds were saying the thug had a book not a gun, which wasn't true.  But white folks and white cops are to blame anyway, so they were beaten and shot.

Lord have mercy on us.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

That is almost a Charlotte situation, where a black cop shoots a black thug and the black crowds were saying the thug had a book not a gun, which wasn't true.  But white folks and white cops are to blame anyway, so they were beaten and shot.

"Just know that all white people are f**king devils. All white cops are f**king devils............"  Keith Lamont Scott's brother 

So if the brother of the guy who got shot and killed while holding a book...I mean gun...misses the fact that a black cop actually shot his brother and a white cop had nothing to do with it.............

No racism there whatsoever.

• Upvote 4

Honestly, the emergence of social media has caused a lot of issues, or just made them more obvious than they were before Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat were things... 

I was just talking to a co-worker about how social media has made me see how mean spirited today's younger generation truly are, when you see comments from Twitter trolls telling people they're racist and they should kill themselves (as an example).... and when someone calls them on it, they don't see anything wrong with what they said. 

52 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The Herald did a huge injustice by spreading a rumor of the "BLM" photo was from UND with zero proof.

Yeah but it got them a big headline...who needs facts when you can just whip people into a frenzy with incomplete stories and half-truths?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah but it got them a big headline...who needs facts when you can just whip people into a frenzy with incomplete stories and half-truths?

Now, now, Blackheart...just because the whole truth will come out LATER doesn't change the faux "outrage" than can happen INSTANTANEOUSLY when this stuff is posted!    

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm sorry but the GF HeraldO did not explain how the second photo (mud masks) was linked to UND.  There was no F'Hawk gear being worn...are we simply to take the word of "Social Justice Reporter" guy?  I guess I would like a few more details to follow up the big headline.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I'm sorry but the GF HeraldO did not explain how the second photo (mud masks) was linked to UND.  There was no F'Hawk gear being worn...are we simply to take the word of "Social Justice Reporter" guy?  I guess I would like a few more details to follow up the big headline.

Details......meaning you want facts?  Won't happen. This crap sells papers and promotes the racial divide agenda that is being rammed down the throats of our society from the very top on down.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Blackheart said:

Anyone who doesn't fully examine anything Shaun King writes or says is doing it wrong. He is a notorious liar and is known to make up anything to fit his agenda.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Anyone who doesn't fully examine anything Shaun King writes or says is doing it wrong. He is a notorious liar and is known to make up anything to fit his agenda.

How does one become a social justice reporter anyway?  

42 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The 3 girls with the mud masks just need to say that they identify as being African American and this was a way of expressing that. ;)

I see what you did there, whether intentionally or not. That would sure make it tough for Mr. King to criticize them given his background.

17 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Did you notice how quickly the GF Herald jumped on the this:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4119827-racist-snapchat-post-sparks-race-conversation-und

Just keep on trotting out the same old tired lie and people will believe it...

All that but the herald missed the fact that the siouxper drunk t shirts people were not even UND students. Add in the fact that springfest is not a UND sanctioned event. Those pesky facts.

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

All that but the herald missed the fact that the siouxper drunk t shirts people were not even UND students. Add in the fact that springfest is not a UND sanctioned event. Those pesky facts.

Those kids never wore the shirts to Springfest either.

• Upvote 1