SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs USD 4pm

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And making a total a$$ out of himself.

While we are talking "entitlement", a lot of posters on this forum act "entitled" all the time. But since they are older, they can act like that and the students better shut up and do what they are told. Yeah, whatever. :silly:

Kids live what they learn. And they learn a lot by watching us. A lot of us should look in the mirror before we throw rocks from our glass houses....especially 3runsingle.

Did you even read the post. Or did you simply not understand it. I blamed our generation of parents...and I am one of them. Nothing entitled here. My biggest mistake was trying to bring a little discourse beyond SiouxVolley's way out there theories....Sorry, my bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Context of this situation is important.

Leaving in mass when a team just went down and scored and is only down 10 with 11 minutes to go? That is a lot of time in a football game, Not a good look and as a recent graduate I think the criticism is fair against the student body.

I thought we were still down 17 when they left.

I have a thing about staying until the end. I've experienced the struggle when the team is playing terrible and/or just gets throttled start to finish. But winning games like Saturday's helps a ton. People who don't have a thing about staying to the end will be more likely to next time. That is, unless they weren't into the game from the beginning. 

I was excited to see such a large crowd at the start. Last year and in recent years prior, we'd be lucky to get half that. Good scheduling to get a regional rival for the Potato Bowl. Good marketing by Bubba and staff to get people there. Maybe one day soon the Al will be full for a game like it was when I was in school, early 2000s.

Everyone has their reasons for leaving early.  Maybe you had to work.  Maybe you had an antsy 4 year old who couldn't sit another minute.  Maybe you had dinner plans later that night and only planned on staying for the first half.  That's fine.  Its a free country.  You can stay as long as you want.  What ticks off true fans is when they see students leave in droves after a tuition prize is given away.  This shows that they were only sticking around to win a prize.  If they cared about the football team, they would stay till the end.  Especially with our team only trailing 10.  Not like we were down 35 points with 10 minutes to go.  Shows their true colors for the ones that left.  If you are offended, tough.  Do we want students to come to the games, sure.  But for the right reasons.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sure some fans had to leave early for various reasons. Most people like to watch a good game, some fans just taught it wasn't going to be good at the end. The game production personal/announcer at the Alerus could of reminded the crowd at halftime what happened the last time SD was in the GF? Or a few film highlights on the screen from that game could of helped?

Maybe they were like me, I had to leave my favorite watering hole, couldn't  bear to watch anymore! So disappointed!! Changed "our" luck and started to listen on radio, then came back to watch ending, because I remembered what happened the last time we played them, did same thing. 

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And making a total a$$ out of himself.

While we are talking "entitlement", a lot of posters on this forum act "entitled" all the time. But since they are older, they can act like that and the students better shut up and do what they are told. Yeah, whatever. :silly:

Kids live what they learn. And they learn a lot by watching us. A lot of us should look in the mirror before we throw rocks from our glass houses....especially 3runsingle.

Did you even read the post. Or did you simply not understand it. I blamed our generation of parents...and I am one of them. Nothing entitled here. My biggest mistake was trying to bring a little discourse beyond SiouxVolley's way out there theories....Sorry, my bad.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You tried, convicted and sentenced that student based on your own generational biases. Nothing "lefty" or "righty" about that, just not in good taste.

I have dealt with a lot of the "entitled" millennials you b!tched about in your post and I would rather spend time with them than with people who like to sit out on their front porch and yell at the kids to get off their lawn.

Outstanding post.  Thank you!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You tried, convicted and sentenced that student based on your own generational biases. Nothing "lefty" or "righty" about that, just not in good taste.

I have dealt with a lot of the "entitled" millennials you b!tched about in your post and I would rather spend time with them than with people who like to sit out on their front porch and yell at the kids to get off their lawn.

Judgmental - lefty word for "I disagree with your viewpoint" Maybe I should be banned from SS.com for using "hate speech"

• Downvote 1

Keep protecting selfish behavior buddy. See where that gets us. The courts are full of frivolous lawsuits. The campuses are full of b.s. protests and safe spaces. This country us becoming one full of p*"';;:s because of the attitudes I pointed out. I have worked with my share of great young people too. Just not the majority any more. Have your mom call me. .. I stick with my assertion. If you come to a football game only for a chance to win $5,000, who needs you? Self-centered. Not anyone I would want on my team, nor in my employ.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

One more thing. If you go back and re-read my post, I believe there were plenty of "maybe not you, but your peers" included. I didn't convict anyone, simply pointed out "me first" entitlement in thinking the team owes anybody a victory. If we can't commit to the little things (a three hour football game) what chance do we have with any real crisis that matters. When the spit hits the fan in this country, I hope the millennial stampede to be first in line to the water trucks runs you over first. Because you earned it by supporting selfish, me first behavior...

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, 3runsingle said:

Judgmental - lefty word for "I disagree with your viewpoint" Maybe I should be banned from SS.com for using "hate speech"

21 minutes ago, 3runsingle said:

Keep protecting selfish behavior buddy. See where that gets us. The courts are full of frivolous lawsuits. The campuses are full of b.s. protests and safe spaces. This country us becoming one full of p*"';;:s because of the attitudes I pointed out. I have worked with my share of great young people too. Just not the majority any more. Have your mom call me. .. I stick with my assertion. If you come to a football game only for a chance to win $5,000, who needs you? Self-centered. Not anyone I would want on my team, nor in my employ.

14 minutes ago, 3runsingle said:

One more thing. If you go back and re-read my post, I believe there were plenty of "maybe not you, but your peers" included. I didn't convict anyone, simply pointed out "me first" entitlement in thinking the team owes anybody a victory. If we can't commit to the little things (a three hour football game) what chance do we have with any real crisis that matters. When the spit hits the fan in this country, I hope the millennial stampede to be first in line to the water trucks runs you over first. Because you earned it by supporting selfish, me first behavior...

IMG_0117.GIF

• Upvote 3

Because one doesn't want to sit throw a entire football game, one won't be able to handle a "real crisis." I think your priorities are backwards there grandpa.

Seems someone's McDonalds order were screwed up one too many times by some young tattooed, pierced, rock music loving "kid."

• Upvote 1

Lots of grandpa talk. I guess age is still fair game among you petunias. Precious few on here have anything meaningful to add: Gundy, geaux, sciatoka, teeder, hell even Oxbow, as negative as he is, can be entertaining at times. (I know I've missed some favorites) Most of the rest of you never make a primary observation, just snipes from the cheap seats. Every coach should be fired, nickname bla bla bla, won't ever come back again because of whatever. I've read this forum for a number of years yet never posted. Now I know why. Some "I know you are, but what am I" discussions have literally gone on for years. Pretty f'n easy to hide behind a moniker and snipe. That's why I avoided it. And will now retire from it and leave you fantasy media stars to enjoy yourselves. 

• Downvote 1

My 3 Best:

• The play of our young guys, especially the true freshman wideouts Toivenen and Wanzek, and Jade Lawrence and Donnell Rodgers on D
  • The time Studsrud had to throw. The run blocking was not consistently good, but in pass protection Keaton had time to survey the field
  • No quit. Would have been easy to pack it in after giving up 28 unanswered.

Bottom 3:

• Banged up. Reyes, Carter, Nevermann, Cieslak, Georges, Greer, Seibel...etc.
  • Run blocking - many have said it already but it was too big and too obvious to leave off the list.
  • Sitting indoors on a day like that. We'll love the Alerus in November, but on a day like Saturday it was tough to go inside.

Bonus Best: Alex Reed's heads up play on punt coverage, downing two balls inside the 5.

• Upvote 4