SiouxSports.com Forum

On To Bowling Green

geaux_sioux

41 minutes ago, TBR said:

The philosophy of putting the best linemen on defense may need to be revised for the long term success of the program.

Not true.  A former o line coach who became head coach didn't leave much in terms of quality olinemen.  

Also, one of the best athletes last year was put on the oline as a true fr.   No one could have saw him leaving.  

1 hour ago, the cornerback teacher said:

Ohio 28 bg 10

Just visited Bgsu forum and they have mentioned numerous times the only bright spot has been their experienced hogs have kept their qb clean. If ohio st is having issues to get penetration or any kind of pass rush, our front 7 are going to have their hands full.  It's an absolute must that the front 7 gets in to disrupt the qb so he doesn't have all day I pick our cbs apart.  

2 hours ago, Old School Guy said:

Making corners play off makes it look like they don't have the ability to cover anyone. Get up in the receivers face. If he goes to hit hotdog stand...you go with him. If he goes to get a cup a water, you go too. We also need more corners on the field in nickle instead of safeties. In my opinion. Playing in the secondary is tough but scheme can make it more difficult than it should be. I have never liked the bail technique.

This has been our standard defense since the Muss era - Time to play them like big boys.  I expected more from Bubba Ball.  

While I was also a little confused with our CB's playing so deep and think they need to move up some, with Reyes (successfully) playing up in the box so much and causing havoc, I don't think they are going to do a ton of heavy press coverage because there isn't much for deep help over the top.

Gonna be hard for UND to really hold Bowling Green's scoring down. 

The key is turnovers and UND's offensive line play. If UND can run the ball and protect the ball, UND has a shot. 

Santiago and Oliveira both need to have big games. No fumbles, no interceptions, and a take away or two from UND's defense and UND then has a chance. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Huh.  Did I miss something.  Did we give up a bunch of yardage on the ground?

No. The problem was the lack of offensive production. Seven points is not going to win many games, granted the SB defense is reportedly the best we will face this year. I saw a lack of lanes for our running backs to run through as well as a lack of time for Studsrud to throw on many pass plays.

9 hours ago, Old School Guy said:

The CBs are usually told where to line up after getting the call from the safety. Hope we get it worked out this week or it might get out of hand quickly. No more day by day. The time is now. 

Safeties make the call, a corners technique, disguise, positioning depends on the player and his experience, what the staff allows him to do, and the player across from him.  It's not as simple as it appears.

Your point I think is if we are going to line up 8-10 yards off whether in man or zone Bowling Green will eat us alive.  I think that's an accurate statement.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

Heard ESPN 3 will cover the game, don't get it. Will anyone be streaming it over the internet?

In case people don't know...ESPN 3 is only streaming over the internet and not an actual channel.  Depends on internet carrier if you are allowed to stream it.  Midco is a carrier.

16 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

Heard ESPN 3 will cover the game, don't get it. Will anyone be streaming it over the internet?

The game is also being carried on the American Sports Network and will be on WDAY/Z Xtra (6.3/8.3) and if you're in the Twin Cities WUCW (CW23) is carrying it

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, PATRIOT said:

Download the Watch ESPN App and you can watch (stream) it live.

IIRC, you can only use Watch ESPN if you subscribe to a cable or dish network and are deep enough into their package options to get ESPN. FWIW.