SiouxSports.com Forum

On To Bowling Green

geaux_sioux

Ohio State's defensive coaches expected that BGSU would make quick passes in order to neutralize the Buckeye pass rush.  For the most part they were right.   This gives the impression that their OL played well - perhaps they did but frankly it's too small of a sample size to know for sure.  Falcon QB Knapke played pretty well for the first half.  He's a good looking player.  He had one INT but it was a phenomenal one handed catch by the Ohio State safety.  Perhaps the BGSU gameplan will change for the UND game and he'll have more 7 step drops and we can get some heat on him and force him to make mistakes.

6 hours ago, TBR said:

IIRC, you can only use Watch ESPN if you subscribe to a cable or dish network and are deep enough into their package options to get ESPN. FWIW.

I think some of the ESPN3 games you can watch without a subscription to ESPN. Usually the ones not associated with ESPN at all (as this one would be the case...its being produced by ASN)

After falling into a tailspin of depression and excess alcohol consumption after our disappointing loss at Stony Brook, I am PUMPED to see how Keaton and the rest of the team bounce back.  Although I predicted an L going into last Thursday's game, the Hawks are going to head into Doyt stadium hungry and ready to play!  We will not only cover the 20+ point spread, but our boys will win in convincing fashion.  I am very excited for this game, and hope to see the excitement for this team build going into the home opener versus South Dakota.

Prediction : Huge day running for our backs with 300+ yards on the ground.  We win by 10.

• Upvote 3

That's quite the prediction, but I hope it comes true!  We are now back in the underdog role.....and feel like we have something to prove....hopefully they bounce back and play a much much better game. I do expect the offense to have a better game.  Will we play well enough all the way around to upset them......I dunno, we'll see.

I like to keep things in perspective - I would love a win at BG and think it it is possible. I'm not going out on the ledge if we start 0-2. I believe that 8-3 in the BIg Sky makes the playoffs and I think that is achievable barring any more injuries of key players. I also think that 7-4 could make the playoffs if the Big Sky has a representative in the room with some balls.

I still don't read or hear much that allows me to believe that the Big Sky as a whole goes to bat for UND or even cares about us - plenty of examples over the past years with the playoff snub being one of them and conference awards being another. With all the discussion about looking into a different conference if everything fell into place I would have no problem with a move. I would definitely be willing to go on road trips that were between 200 - 400 miles.   

6 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I like to keep things in perspective - I would love a win at BG and think it it is possible. I'm not going out on the ledge if we start 0-2. I believe that 8-3 in the BIg Sky makes the playoffs and I think that is achievable barring any more injuries of key players. I also think that 7-4 could make the playoffs if the Big Sky has a representative in the room with some balls.

I still don't read or hear much that allows me to believe that the Big Sky as a whole goes to bat for UND or even cares about us - plenty of examples over the past years with the playoff snub being one of them and conference awards being another. With all the discussion about looking into a different conference if everything fell into place I would have no problem with a move. I would definitely be willing to go on road trips that were between 200 - 400 miles.   

Annual road trips to Fargo, Brookings, Vermillion, and/or Cedar Falls would be very nice. 

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Per the Bowling Green Forum, there is a 90% chance of thunderstorms and gusty winds on Saturday for the game.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed! Run Run Run

Should hopefully limit their passing game too! Regardless, we just need to play North Dakota football and get back to what we were doing last year.

UND needs to get their offensive line in check. Defense is already in mid-season form, but until the offense can start consistently running the ball again, UND wont be a winning ball club. 

Heres to hoping the offense finds its running game this Saturday! 

Go Hawks!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND needs to get their offensive line in check. Defense is already in mid-season form, but until the offense can start consistently running the ball again, UND wont be a winning ball club. 

Go Hawks!

Agreed, O-Line is key ... but I have to believe they will play better against Bowling Green. SB had a tremendous defense, and we had to shake off some rust. I think these guys will continue to gel and get better throughout the season, but hopefully we see a nice improvement this week. Have to sustain drives and wear down their defense. If we establish our running game in the first have, they will be good and tired by the second half.

Can't wait for the game. Go Sioux!

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Here it is, about SBU, about BGSU, point blank.

Screw it. Screw them. 

I don't care how good SBU's defense supposedly is/am/was. I don't care.  

I don't care how whatever BGSU's offense is. It doesn't matter. I don't care. 

I say quit psyching ourselves out with "but their whatever is soooo good". Quit looking and worrying about the other guy. 

Worry about us, just our team, getting better, day by day.

Control what is ours to control: our style, our effort, our assignments, our enthusiasm, our mistakes, our game.

Play UND Football. 

Nothing else matters. 

This works for me. I agree the team needs to think with that mentality, but as fans, there was no doubt watching the SBU game that our lack of offense was at least partially due to them being good on the defensive side of the ball.

Regardless, I think we turn it around this week and play a more fluid game. Can't have so many 3 and outs, have to find a way to sustain drives, run the ball, and wear them down.

For those who are concerned about their offense (which they DID NOT show last weekend), the best way to eliminate that threat is to keep them off the field. Run the ball, Wear them down, Control the clock.

Can't wait for Saturday!

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Go Hawks!

I agree, the o line still needs some work but the talent is there.  Still very raw.  Demon is a talented young man that is more then capable on being a very good guard for und.  Prove it this week. 

Bgsu is an fbs team that should have better talent then most of the teams we play, including their front 7, or I should say front 6 in their case as they implement 5 dbs, but will not be better then stonys front 7.  Bgsu two LBs are very very good and one looks like an absolute stud.  Looking for Und to get push, how much is yet to be determined, but the results should be much improved.  

I would really like to see und utilize the te's more.  It's a nice compliment to a run first style of offense.  

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Here it is, about SBU, about BGSU, point blank.

Screw it. Screw them. 

I don't care how good SBU's defense supposedly is/am/was. I don't care.  

I don't care how whatever BGSU's offense is. It doesn't matter. I don't care. 

I say quit psyching ourselves out with "but their whatever is soooo good". Quit looking and worrying about the other guy. 

Worry about us, just our team, getting better, day by day.

Control what is ours to control: our style, our effort, our assignments, our enthusiasm, our mistakes, our game.

Play UND Football. 

Nothing else matters. 

Couldn't agree more. 

Last week, against Stony Brook, UND didn't play their game offensively.

This week, against Bowling Green, UND needs to focus better offensively and get the job done. Defense needs to keep improving, also. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

My mistake thought it was 3-3-5, but I guess the question remains wouldn't they be better off going 4-3 vs our run game.

Right, you would think it would turn into a 4-3 if there is nobody to worry about out in the slot.