SiouxSports.com Forum

On To Bowling Green

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Here it is, about SBU, about BGSU, point blank.

Screw it. Screw them. 

I don't care how good SBU's defense supposedly is/am/was. I don't care.  

I don't care how whatever BGSU's offense is. It doesn't matter. I don't care. 

I say quit psyching ourselves out with "but their whatever is soooo good". Quit looking and worrying about the other guy. 

Worry about us, just our team, getting better, day by day.

Control what is ours to control: our style, our effort, our assignments, our enthusiasm, our mistakes, our game.

Play UND Football. 

Nothing else matters. 

This should be the motto for all our programs. Well said and well done.

43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So with Georges out, who travels instead? Do they pull another redshirt? 

Any idea if mercer traveled to stony?? His hammy was bugging him in fall practice not sure if he made the trip.  If he didn't I would have to think it would be him. 

This is a great opportunity for dulin to show what he has and what he is capable of. 

16 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Any idea if mercer traveled to stony?? His hammy was bugging him in fall practice not sure if he made the trip.  If he didn't I would have to think it would be him. 

This is a great opportunity for dulin to show what he has and what he is capable of. 

Yeah, for how hyped up Dulin was as a recruit and while he was redshirting, I was hoping to hear more about him getting into the mix. I know he had some issues with drops, but does anyone else know whats going on with him? Is there a work ethic thing, in terms of getting better? Or is he just not there yet? Obviously the kid is young, and there is a learning curve at this level so I don't want to come across as though I'm throwing in the towel on this kid; I'm not. Just curious if anyone knows how he is progressing.

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, for how hyped up Dulin was as a recruit and while he was redshirting, I was hoping to hear more about him getting into the mix. I know he had some issues with drops, but does anyone else know whats going on with him? Is there a work ethic thing, in terms of getting better? Or is he just not there yet? Obviously the kid is young, and there is a learning curve at this level so I don't want to come across as though I'm throwing in the towel on this kid; I'm not. Just curious if anyone knows how he is progressing.

I was curious about Dulin as well.

50 minutes ago, ZiggyZoomba97 said:

Hope you folks are as ready as we (BG fans) are to put week 1 behind you and move on to week 2!!!   As I've posted before on this board, looking forward to this game a lot.   Playing Ohio State is interesting and nice pay-check for the school, and playing and beating teams like Maryland and Purdue last year was fun, but personally I really enjoy these non-conference games, with like-minded fans who follow and root for a non Power-5 team, and teams that are, for the most part, playing for a conference championship above all else.  

Making the drive back to BG from Chicago for this one...hoping to run into some Fighting Sioux fans...errrr, sorry, Fighting Hawks :)  at and around the tailgates.  If I see green it's a free beer for you.

Both teams need this win to get back on track so I'm expecting a good game.  Those in this thread who I saw are worried about your O-line opening up holes and running the ball, well, if BG has had a consistent weakness, even when they have had good teams, it's their run defense.  I see UND moving the ball well on the ground as long as you can keep the safeties honest with some play-action or at least a serviceable passing game.  BG needs to get their passing game clicking.  I was at the game last week against OSU and there were a number of plays where BG had wide open WRs but the QB (Knapke) didn't see them or threw the ball well behind them.  BG's chances to win this week's game hing on better QB play in my opinion. Personally I'd like to see James Morgan get more snaps over Knapke (the starter in the OSU game). The BG Oline did a great job last week so we are hoping that can continue.

So yeah, game probably comes down to that.  If UND can maintain long drives on the ground and control the clock, you win.  If BG can start hitting on the longer passes and get big plays from the WRs, BG probably wins.

Should be a good game!

Side note, if anyone is heading to BG for the game, stop in Myles Pizza Pub for a pizza...you won't regret it.

One slight correction here.....Bubba wants this program to eventually get beyond winning conference championships....if you get my drift. ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I ripped a phone book in half .... jk, who has phone books anymore

When they pitch that free phone book on the front step I do rip it in half before throwing it in the recycling bin. Not kidding*. I did it for the neighbor kids one time. They ran the neighborhood gabbing books off front steps and trying it the rest of the day. :D 

*It requires power, strength, ... and technique. ;) 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

From what I heard it's all of the above.  Those Michigan recruits were bad busts.  

2 hours ago, ZiggyZoomba97 said:

Hope you folks are as ready as we (BG fans) are to put week 1 behind you and move on to week 2!!!   As I've posted before on this board, looking forward to this game a lot.   Playing Ohio State is interesting and nice pay-check for the school, and playing and beating teams like Maryland and Purdue last year was fun, but personally I really enjoy these non-conference games, with like-minded fans who follow and root for a non Power-5 team, and teams that are, for the most part, playing for a conference championship above all else.  

Making the drive back to BG from Chicago for this one...hoping to run into some Fighting Sioux fans...errrr, sorry, Fighting Hawks :)  at and around the tailgates.  If I see green it's a free beer for you.

Both teams need this win to get back on track so I'm expecting a good game.  Those in this thread who I saw are worried about your O-line opening up holes and running the ball, well, if BG has had a consistent weakness, even when they have had good teams, it's their run defense.  I see UND moving the ball well on the ground as long as you can keep the safeties honest with some play-action or at least a serviceable passing game.  BG needs to get their passing game clicking.  I was at the game last week against OSU and there were a number of plays where BG had wide open WRs but the QB (Knapke) didn't see them or threw the ball well behind them.  BG's chances to win this week's game hing on better QB play in my opinion. Personally I'd like to see James Morgan get more snaps over Knapke (the starter in the OSU game). The BG Oline did a great job last week so we are hoping that can continue.

So yeah, game probably comes down to that.  If UND can maintain long drives on the ground and control the clock, you win.  If BG can start hitting on the longer passes and get big plays from the WRs, BG probably wins.

Should be a good game!

Side note, if anyone is heading to BG for the game, stop in Myles Pizza Pub for a pizza...you won't regret it.

You are awfully kind.  I think we have an uphill battle.  Mother nature might help us a little with rain and wind.....

I am actually going to be there with a 'In Bubba We Trust' green T-shirt.  Yeah, free beer!!

• Upvote 2