SiouxSports.com Forum

On To Bowling Green

geaux_sioux

6 minutes ago, ndlifer said:

0-2 looking pretty certain, especially after injuries

Those injuries were big but can't sink the team any worse. The offense already sunk itself with or without Clive in the last game. The defense can still prosper with out Reyes even though it makes us more vulnerable 

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tough loss. Let's move on. The d looked really good down the stretch. Their run d is the best we will face. We had some real !@#$ luck. Let's move on.

Move on . . . i agree.  Time to read up on BG.  I don't know much about them.

42 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

They will.  His name is Keaton Studsrud.  

If it is the same Studsrud that played this week we are in for a world of hurt.  He is a Junior with experience now and needs to up his game considerably.  Some of the worst QB play I have seen was on display this week.

I didn't get to watch much of the game so I have to be careful with my opinion. But what didn't see was a nastiness and kick ass and take names from UND that will be needed to have a good year. The boys played hard but this game reminded me of Weber State from last year. Someone needs light a fire in practice this week that turns into a blaze. Getting a punt block signals lack of focus. You have to win the kicking game and eliminate turnovers on the road. Time to get serious about refusing to lose while expecting to win. 

1 hour ago, shep said:

Sioux 94, the night of sleep came, and the outlook is better this morning.

They will be better.

We all knew this BG game would be a tough one against a Bowl team last year and now they must step up. That's it.

My outlook would be better this morning, if I had not poured that extra whiskey in the 4th quarter. 

Next week will be a very different game. Have to remember that this is not the same BGSU team that was in the bowl game last season. They have lost a ton of players (QB, RB, and something like 4 receivers). They do return the most experienced O-line in college football (not the best, but the most experienced). They also lost their coach. I expect their play style to be the same, but not their talent level; it will take some time for them to gel.

SB challenged our front 7 with the run game, and overall, we held them up pretty well (62 yards rushing for SB). BG will challenge our secondary, which looked pretty rough early in the game, but seemed to play a little better as the game went on. Maybe I've missed the update, but has anyone heard how Reyes is doing?

SB defense was also very good at locking in on Santiago and limiting the run game. Last season we could see Santiago get to the edge and turn the corner, and SB sniffed him out almost every time last night. I expect him to have more running room again BGSU. Someone on the BGSU forum stated they thought they would have the best front 7 in the MAC this year, which seems pretty bold considering how bad their run D got torched by Georgia Southern in their bowl game.

I'm not a good judge of O-lines, but I didn't think they cost us the game by any stretch last night. They will certainly need to continue to grow and improve, but I though they were ok for being somewhat of an unknown. I wouldn't expect this to be any different next weekend.

#1 most critical thing for UND to beat Bowling Green is better QB play. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really like Studsrud. He showed why he was the starter last season, but he was awful last night. Didn't play well under pressure, and didn't play well when he had time. I trust that was partially due to being the first game and that he will get back to his true form.

Special teams were ok, and I was really thinking Dussold was playing ok, up until his punt got blocked. That is SO unacceptable, especially given where they were on the field.

On to Bowling Green! Lets get another FBS win, even up the record and come back home!

7 hours ago, Irish said:

If it is the same Studsrud that played this week we are in for a world of hurt.  He is a Junior with experience now and needs to up his game considerably.  Some of the worst QB play I have seen was on display this week.

He had a VERY bad performance.  Horrible!!  Not sure if it was nerves, stonys d, not in sync with wrs/te's, if he was injured or all the above????? He is a captain and a leader of the team.......he will no doubt get it corrected.  Losing Clive is tremendous as he looked clives way much of the time and that fact he could get separation   I have mentioned this since last season that und needs wrs that get separation at the line to make Keatons job a lot easier.  Seibel was/is fantastic at it.

There is no question Keaton will step it up against Bgsu 

14 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

RELIABLE SOURCE on the team. Broke both bones in the leg.

If thats true, that sucks! I fell really bad for the kid; he was poised to make some noise this year. Like I said though, once you have the first down and you've gained 15 yards, there is no need to open up and stretch yourself out like he did to gain another inch or two. Pull the ball in and secure it, and go down. If he does that, we likely win the game and keep our #1 receiver.

• Upvote 2