SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Message on Athletics

fightingsioux4life

9 minutes ago, Siouxper Kev said:

Any chance swimming/diving could pull together a program situation like men's golf?  Obviously WH can't at costs well over $1M.

Isn't there some major renovating that needs to be done to the Hyslop pool in the near future?  I thought I read that on here at one point.  

If so, that would have to be rolled into the swimming campaign. 

2 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Where is the outrage on behalf of the s/d teams? They are just as impacted as the wh team, yet they are getting no ink.

Agreed.  Schloss doesn't care about them and it doesn't satisfy the war on women narrative I guess.

• Upvote 3

was at the presser...biggest thing i took from it was i don't think pres kenndey knew/knows who hadju is...faison and kennedy walked in the jason walked over to them and jason shook pres kenndy hand and the only word he said was "jayson" as he was shaking his hand??? like he was introducing himself or reminding kennedy who he was?

and kennedy said idalski was "very agitated"

and fabian said "they dragged this on too long..."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is it odd that kennedy didn't speak...he did look a little shook up when he walked in

Think about it: He basically just fired how many coaches? 

If you've never fired anyone, it's just as hard to, as to be. 

Like I tell people, you haven't been a manager until you've: set budget, made budget, hired, fired. None of those are easy. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

How do small colleges make WH work?  

Less or no scholarships? More road travel? (east coast has advantage) Some are private so more tuition coverage? Non-international athletes? State not cutting their whole budget? If it wasn't for the lastest round of budget cuts Burgum put out today wouldn't have happened yet. 

You guys just wait until the summit league suggests starting up baseball again in a few years, some women are going to be really upset!  I wonder if that is what they meant by becoming scholarship compliant with the summit league?  I would have thought that being big sky compliant in scholarships would be the same as summit league.