SiouxSports.com Forum

NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)

Cratter

8 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Thanks for this and two thoughts came to mind. 1) Boise State only has 16 teams and they are FBS and a major university. Puts into perspective the 21 sports at UND 2) Hard to believe women's basketball lost $813,000 for what is likely the most popular women's sport. Eye opening

You've fallen into the trap of thinking a football program defines the whole school. Calling Boise State a "major university" is a wee-bit strong. They have a football program at a glorified teacher's/community college. US News considers them #61 regional (west). By comparison, U of Idaho (168), UND (180) and NDSU (185) are considered national universities. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Do you see how many people stand on those walkways during a game if those tickets were 5 bucks it will sell more then the price of a regular seat ticket. How is killing programs that have very little scholarships going to save a school lots of money. I am thinking of ways to help the budget not solve it 100%, so let's hear your idea.

Are you under the impression that those people that stand there got in free? Most bought a ticket for a seat and chose to stand(I do it every game I go to)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, petey23 said:

Are you under the impression that those people that stand there got in free? Most bought a ticket for a seat and chose to stand(I do it every game I go to)

He is all yours Petey, he knows how to save sports at und, you should ask him how to balance the fiscal budget.  Maybe six dollar tacos in Wilkerson dining complex?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, petey23 said:

I am saying charge less for people to stand there and maybe more people will pay for better seats. It's frustrating to see empty seats in the 40 and yet people had to buy seats at the 10 or 15 or is it over your head. I could draw you a picture if it helps.

5 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

He is all yours Petey, he knows how to save sports at und, you should ask him how to balance the fiscal budget.  Maybe six dollar tacos in Wilkerson dining complex?

And you have brought nothing to the conversation like a troll. Still waiting for your ideas. Crickets are getting pretty loud.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I am saying charge less for people to stand there and maybe more people will pay for better seats. It's frustrating to see empty seats in the 40 and yet people had to buy seats at the 10 or 15 or is it over your head. I could draw you a picture if it helps.

Darell you are wrong.   There are no people staying home because they cant get seats at the 40.   Thats where my seats are, but guess what, i stand in the endzone because i have  a better time there and can be with my tailgating group.  Your idea will lose more money giving me seats for less.  Also, it is not 'fan friendly" as you call it, to increase the cost of concessions, that would also have a negative effect.  Obviously, you have never ran a business.

But please, go ahead, draw a picture.  Id love to see it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, darell1976 said:

If a guy who has seats on the 50 wants to watch the game from the end zone it's none of your business and the fact you don't like the looks of it on your 13 inch Zenith when the camera pans the crowd is irrelevant. When I buy a ticket and they ask what section I want I tell them I don't care or if I scalp one I scan it when I go in and put it in my pocket and never even check where the seat actually is.

Charge less=less revenue.

Edited by UNDBIZ
name-calling removed
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

How about instead of Standing Room Only, start selling Sitting Once Only, or, SOO seats.  

Stand up and cheer for a TD, that's great!  But if you sit down again, well, that's another 5 bucks.  

Just brain storming;  I think I'm on something here.  :blink:

You're either onto something or on something. ;)

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

You are an idiot, you can leave your crayons in the box. If a guy who has seats on the 50 wants to watch the game from the end zone it's none of your business and the fact you don't like the looks of it on your 13 inch Zenith when the camera pans the crowd is irrelevant. When I buy a ticket and they ask what section I want I tell them I don't care or if I scalp one I scan it when I go in and put it in my pocket and never even check where the seat actually is.

Charge less=less revenue.

Ok, then let's hear your idea.

2 hours ago, BIGSIOUX said:

Darell you are wrong.   There are no people staying home because they cant get seats at the 40.   Thats where my seats are, but guess what, i stand in the endzone because i have  a better time there and can be with my tailgating group.  Your idea will lose more money giving me seats for less.  Also, it is not 'fan friendly" as you call it, to increase the cost of concessions, that would also have a negative effect.  Obviously, you have never ran a business.

But please, go ahead, draw a picture.  Id love to see it.

No I haven't. but I threw out an idea which anyone can do...have you? Always easy to criticize when your idea isn't heard.

51 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

California libtard equals financial disaster...see McFeeleys column today.

McFeely is regurgitation what he's being fed by NDSU. (SOP for media jackals.) 

The truth is always somewhere in the middle. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Things aren't as rosy at NDSU as McFeely tries to portray.

I've talked with my neighbor who is an NDSU employee and I think Mike better ask a few more questions.  There are nervous people on that campus as they are doing just enough to get by.   

He really down plays Schafers quite in that article about "what he visions UND to look like in 5 years.      "  Also, NDSU cries every year about funding.   Can't wait until that happens again.  Is McFeely on FU's payroll?

39 minutes ago, homer said:

Is McFeely on FU's payroll?

Ummmmm......yeah????.....

Kolpack and McFeely are 2 of their most important university employees.

Who needs a PR department when you have two local mouthpieces in your very own propaganda department?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Dont sell SRO until its sold out.  If there are sideline seats thay havent been bought through season ticket sales sell them to the walk ups or through single game ticket sales. Again dont sell SRO until its sold out. Make them buy the better tickets.

I absolutely love how Ed Schafer removed the easy way out (tuition increases) for the rest of the NDUS. 

Since taking office, Schafer has said he is opposed to having students bear the burden of budgetary problems and won't increase tuition, something he reiterated at the forum.

"If we reshape this university and get it done right, future tuition increases are going to go to the future investment and advancement of this university, not just keeping the status quo," he said.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/4014298-und-community-criticizes-questions-budget-cuts-forum

• Upvote 1

• The Sicatoka changed the title to NDUS Budget Cuts (changed name to be system-wide)