SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

16 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Haven't you learned anything from SiouxSports! If UND wins Thursday you must watch the game in the same spot, order the same beer, and wear the same clothes, including the same underwear and socks for Saturday.

You make this sound like this is an odd practice :)

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, franchise said:

Can someone give a good reason why the Denver game is in the bag and it's a good idea to buy a plane ticket for Saturday morning?

I doubt too many people think the Denver game is in the bag.  We have had disappointment happen to us too many times in the past 16 years to think any game is in the bag at a Frozen Four.  The best team does not always win.  That being said, Denver has a very good team and has been playing very well down the stretch.  We need to bring our A game and the intensity that we showed this past weekend.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, fsioux said:

I doubt too many people think the Denver game is in the bag.  We have had disappointment happen to us too many times in the past 16 years to think any game is in the bag at a Frozen Four.  The best team does not always win.  That being said, Denver has a very good team and has been playing very well down the stretch.  We need to bring our A game and the intensity that we showed this past weekend.

No one does. Sorry, Franchise. You'll have to roll the dice. LOTS of work to do. Can we do it? Absolutely. Will we? We'll find out in 8 days.

Btw, I know you were being facetious, Franchise ;)

24 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Haven't you learned anything from SiouxSports! If UND wins Thursday you must watch the game in the same spot, order the same beer, and wear the same clothes, including the same underwear and socks for Saturday.

I broke that jinx...watched game one at Sensors, game two back in Bemidji.

Although, I did put the same shirt and hat back on;)

2 minutes ago, fsioux said:

This is for sure.

I was ready to pull the trigger on Philly, but I wasn't quite healed up enough from hernia surgery to take on the trip.  With a little under a sec left in that semifinal...I sure was glad that I didn't suffer through the pain just to feel the new pain in person.

3 hours ago, Fetch said:

Yeah the Ref check kinda pizzed me off & he didn't seem to even say he was sorry - Hope he is not the Ref in the Final after we win the handshake line might get rough :angry::silly:

I got irritated by that too. The ref could've easily got out of the way but looked like he hit Drake kinda on purpose. I'm surprised the NCAA didn't say anything about that. I thought it was a smart move for the players to joke around about it though.

50 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I got irritated by that too. The ref could've easily got out of the way but looked like he hit Drake kinda on purpose. I'm surprised the NCAA didn't say anything about that. I thought it was a smart move for the players to joke around about it though.

You seriously believe he tried to hit Drake?  I'm sure every ref is out to get UND.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

That play was shown on Highly Questionable on Monday. You can listen to them talk about it at 13:37 of the podcast.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15086069

I've never seen that happen before, usually refs to to side step a player but he put his arm right into him. I'm not,saying he purposely went behind the net to hit Drake, he was going behind to watch the puck, it just seemed weird to me he didnt try to lean against the net or turn the other way to avoid Drake

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I've never seen that happen before, usually refs to to side step a player but he put his arm right into him. I'm not,saying he purposely went behind the net to hit Drake, he was going behind to watch the puck, it just seemed weird to me he didnt try to lean against the net or turn the other way to avoid Drake

I also thought it was weird he didn't try to sidestep him, he saw Drake coming the whole way and almost loaded himself for the hit rather than try to dodge it. I know this because if he hadn't loaded himself they both would've gone down. The ref hardly moved after contact.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I also thought it was weird he didn't try to sidestep him, he saw Drake coming the whole way and almost loaded himself for the hit rather than try to dodge it. I know this because if he hadn't loaded himself they both would've gone down. The ref hardly moved after contact.

Exactly what I thought

Greetings from a UND student that lives in Tampa (going back for MSAE).

im a huge hockey fan as I attend tons of Bolts games a year and in fact one of my best memories was watching them in person win the cup. I will be going to my first college game next week.  Super excited about that!

College sports in general are my passion but my undergraduate school (Uni of Florida) doesn't have a team, so I've really taken to UND this year.

That being said I don't have tickets currently but I doubt it'll be a hard ticket to get.  The bolts sell out every game but those tickets can be scalped for face. Id imagine we can get these for well under face quite easily...

That being said I really came here to offer any advice, tips, tricks or whatever in regards to Tampa.  If you have any questions in regards to where to stay, eat, party, etc please ask. 

First thing remember Tampa is fairly sprawled, so I'd definitely get a car if you want to experience the area.  For example the arena to the beach is a solid 45 mins in no traffic and double tha easy in traffic.  

• Upvote 3