SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Can we move Frozen Four permanently to south Flordia? Tons of cheap flights available (even if it's a different airports)...warm weather for all us ice hockey fans...lots of hotels, lots of stuff to do. No real home crowd advantage like if it was in Boston or St. Paul. Much better location than Milwaukee or Columbus.

The now defunct Inside College Hockey website made a similar claim after the 2012 frozen four.  Unfortunately, I can't find the link/story, but they were very high on the Frozen in Tampa.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Colton's goal was awesome - he sure has improved 

I may have put this in the wrong place - I'll let my secretary Sico put it where it belongs :D

If that isn't a lob one in there I don't know what is :cool:

22 hours ago, Kab said:

I hear heitcamp will be going again to do his show there

dont hear too much from him all year long about hockey until it's time for a free trip to the frozen four

al least mcfooley won't be going with him this year

McFooley is going, curious what does he have to do with UND Hockey?

11 minutes ago, Kab said:

Nothing that I know of

after the way he interviewed our new president I was hoping he wouldn't be going

i would guess the number games he went to this year would be zero

Was under the impression he only bashed the program or poked dumb fun at them from what I saw on twitter. Just find it odd

6 hours ago, Dustin said:

The now defunct Inside College Hockey website made a similar claim after the 2012 frozen four.  Unfortunately, I can't find the link/story, but they were very high on the Frozen in Tampa.

Made me find this: good read.

http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/article/2012-06/fun-sun-frozen-four

By the end of the weekend, reporters from across the nation – many of whom had been skeptical of the idea that college hockey could work in the land of alligators and beaches and theme parks – were singing the praises of Florida. One columnist for a national college hockey website went as far as to suggest that, like the College World Series that returns to Omaha every June, Tampa should be considered as a permanent host for the Frozen Four.

It could be worse, we could be buying tickets to Frisco, Texas. ;)

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Got my plane ticket with allegiant out of Fargo next Wednesday, hopefully get the game tickets from the Ralph on thursday! Hope to see some Sioux fans on the plane with me.

GO SIOUX!!!

Looks like we have the exact same plans. Will be on your flight :)

10 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

We'll be praying for you guys. 

Because of Spirit?

I've never flown with them but have heard bad things (after wondering why it was so cheap), but at $180 round trip nonstop I wasn't going to pass it up. 

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Because of Spirit?

I've never flown with them but have heard bad things (after wondering why it was so cheap), but at $180 round trip nonstop I wasn't going to pass it up. 

Yes, they aren't the greatest make sure you pay for leg room seats, otherwise the pitch is only 28 inches and no recline