SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

21 hours ago, John W. said:

Lets hope Barry can accomplish in year 1 what Haks-tool couldn't in 12. (Arrogance personified )

First of all, if you are going to slam someone, please get your spelling straight. BARRY.....really? :silly:

Second of all, this post is the runaway winner for unpopular post of all time on ss.com. Congratulations (I think). :unsure:

And lastly, as a long-time critic of Hakstol, I don't think it is right to call him arrogant. Everyone who has met him will tell you he is a nice guy who appreciated all of the support the program gets on an annual basis. Criticize his coaching and his "baseline" systems if you want, but don't make it personal. :glare:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

First of all, if you are going to slam someone, please get your spelling straight. BARRY.....really? :silly:

Second of all, this post is the runaway winner for unpopular post of all time on ss.com. Congratulations (I think). :unsure:

And lastly, as a long-time critic of Hakstol, I don't think it is right to call him arrogant. Everyone who has met him will tell you he is a nice guy who appreciated all of the support the program gets on an annual basis. Criticize his coaching and his "baseline" systems if you want, but don't make it personal. :glare:

Still never understood why you didn't like Hak as a coach. To each their own...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yet another pre-party I'll miss because I'll be watching hockey...

Those things are fun, but traveling that far and paying that much for tickets, I'm going to go to all the games -

Sell your early game on Thursday and use it to buy all of your drinks

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Officially booked my flight from Minneapolis to Orlando, renting a car and driving to Tampa.  I just went to Vegas and it wasn't kind so I am saving money any way I can.

Do we know for sure which end of the ice UND shoots twice on?

How much cheaper was Orlando?

4 minutes ago, franchise said:

How much cheaper was Orlando?

It was $298/person roundtrip.  However there wasn't any nonstop flights from Mpls to Tampa that got me there early enough on Thursday to feel comfortable. And I'm not about to connect somewhere after hearing about the nightmare of people watching the game in the Chicago airport last year.

20 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yet another pre-party I'll miss because I'll be watching hockey...

Those things are fun, but traveling that far and paying that much for tickets, I'm going to go to all the games -

Agreed, Party should be starting at 2.  Somehow I believe alot of Sioux fans will be there much earlier than 5:30.

12 minutes ago, ringneck28 said:

That is if you can get re entry

They're sold in 3 sessions.  You have to leave the arena between games on Thursday... thus why there is a 3 1/2 hour gap between start times.

Edit: from NCAA Website: 

Semifinal Split Sessions
The semifinal games on Thursday, April 7, will now be ticketed as two (2) separate sessions; a change from previous Frozen Fours where the semifinal games were ticketed only as one (1) combined session.  Fans will exit Amalie Arena upon conclusion of the first semifinal game and re-enter the venue prior to the start of the second semifinal game.  Each semifinal game will have a separate ticket for entry.

14 hours ago, Blackheart said:

How in the hell do we get stuck with Buccigross and Melrose for the Frozen 4?  I mean these guys are the bottom of the barrel; they know nothing about college hockey.  Clay Matvick, Gary Thorne, Pee Wee Herman or anybody else would absolutely crush these idiots in calling a game.  And if I hear "saucy mitts" or "Jack Eichel's nutsack" one more time, I'm likely going to explode.  Ugh!

After listening to Barry Melrose calling the first BC game it felt like Barry wanted to get down to the ice as soon as he could so he could start  making out with the BC forwards. Gees he is such a East Coast homer. He knows nothing about College Hockey and barely knows the player names.  Terrible announcer for College Hockey.

• Upvote 3

We will have three in Tampa. Staying at the Marriott Waterside. Sitting in section 124 Row P. We had flights, tickets, and hotel rooms back in January. This will be our 12th Frozen Four.

Make sure you get to Channelside for drinks, food and live music. Assuming it's nice they will have a band playing the center courtyard. It's easy walking distance from the Arena.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It was $298/person roundtrip.  However there wasn't any nonstop flights from Mpls to Tampa that got me there early enough on Thursday to feel comfortable. And I'm not about to connect somewhere after hearing about the nightmare of people watching the game in the Chicago airport last year.

Haven't considered the getting stuck part...

Orlando route seems to be the way to go, once I can track down a friend to go with me. 

I hear heitcamp will be going again to do his show there

dont hear too much from him all year long about hockey until it's time for a free trip to the frozen four

al least mcfooley won't be going with him this year

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

I hear heitcamp will be going again to do his show there

dont hear too much from him all year long about hockey until it's time for a free trip to the frozen four

al least mcfooley won't be going with him this year

This really p!$$es off the Bison faithful down in Imperial Cass County! They HATE it when the media talks about ANYTHING connected to UND. That is why I am glad Joel is doing this again.