SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

32 minutes ago, franchise said:

Any reason to think plane tickets might get cheaper next week? 

I just looked at tickets for this weekend and it's non stop both ways for $613

The airline tickets may only get more expensive.  As the planes fill up seats the fares seem to go up too. 

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

Copied from USCHO about....

Tampa was great (in 2012). You could even get beers between periods in the enclosed area outside of the arena.

Interesting..I was able to do this in Philly at the restaurant inside the arena. It was crazy and damn near impossible to get in but was awesome. I never imagined another FF would have something like this.

6 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Interesting..I was able to do this in Philly at the restaurant inside the arena. It was crazy and damn near impossible to get in but was awesome. I never imagined another FF would have something like this.

In Philly it was possible to leave between games, run up to that adjacent bar complex, and come back for readmission. It involved leaving through the right door, but was definitely not limited to a closed in smoking area or anything like that. I didn't make the previous Tampa, so Philly is actually one of the only places I remember getting away with that.

3 minutes ago, jimdahl said:

In Philly it was possible to leave between games, run up to that adjacent bar complex, and come back for readmission. It involved leaving through the right door, but was definitely not limited to a closed in smoking area or anything like that. I didn't make the previous Tampa, so Philly is actually the one place I remember getting away with that.

I never had to leave the building in Philly,during the games they had a bar open inside.

4 minutes ago, BeazSioux said:
4 minutes ago, BeazSioux said:

I didn't think they could do that during an NC$$ event?

You can drink in the bars inside the arena's but you can not drink in your seat or take your drink out of that bar.  As money hungry as the NCAA is, surprising they pass on this revenue.  I believe that there is drinking permitted in the suites.

40 minutes ago, BeazSioux said:

I didn't think they could do that during an NC$$ event?

They did for the Thursday games in Philly and then got shut down for Championship.  It was like a cigar lounge during Philly games.

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

They did for the Thursday games in Philly and then got shut down for Championship.  It was like a cigar lounge during Philly games.

I obv didnt go to the champ game but Im not surprised to hear that, that was the place. Just had a weird feel to it being in there.

We have been to several FF's with tix in hand except for Denver. The scalpers were not budging that year on their high prices so we ended up staying at the bar and watching the Sioux get dismantled the 1st game. Good thing we saved the money. We are a bit nervous this year about not having tix but at least we play late on Thursday so that is a plus. We booked our flights out of MSP to Ft Myers on Monday for $275/person, round trip, non-stop. Now that same flight is $1200+

10 hours ago, franchise said:

Any reason to think plane tickets might get cheaper next week? 

I just looked at tickets for this weekend and it's non stop both ways for $613

Probably not. If you plan to fly American, you can hold a ticket for up to 7 days for around $10.  They offer a free 24 hour hold and that's what I did after UND beat Northeastern.  I know Delta has a 24 hour risk free cancellation policy so you could buy your ticket the day before the Denver game and cancel it if UND loses.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/ticket-changes-refunds/risk-free-cancellation.html

33 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

We have been to several FF's with tix in hand except for Denver. The scalpers were not budging that year on their high prices so we ended up staying at the bar and watching the Sioux get dismantled the 1st game. Good thing we saved the money. We are a bit nervous this year about not having tix but at least we play late on Thursday so that is a plus. We booked our flights out of MSP to Ft Myers on Monday for $275/person, round trip, non-stop. Now that same flight is $1200+

Wow, that's quite the jump. When I looked on Tuesday the cheapest was $272...last night $722

6 minutes ago, SiouxperDave said:

Probably not. If you plan to fly American, you can hold a ticket for up to 7 days for around $10.  They offer a free 24 hour hold and that's what I did after UND beat Northeastern.  I know Delta has a 24 hour risk free cancellation policy so you could buy your ticket the day before the Denver game and cancel it if UND loses.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/ticket-changes-refunds/risk-free-cancellation.html

I'll have to remember that for next time. Booked with UA. Figure the streak of disappointment ends this yr!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thUNDer said:

Yup, I was going to college in Colorado Springs at the time of the Denver FF. We drove up and tried to scalp tickets but scalpers weren't budging off their outrageous prices. We opted to stay in that bar(can't remember the name now) and watch the game on tv as well. Although the game went south fast, I did enjoy watching the scalpers tickets turn worthless in about 15 minutes.

1 hour ago, SiouxperDave said:

American literally just did away with the hold policy a few days ago.

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Yup, I was going to college in Colorado Springs at the time of the Denver FF. We drove up and tried to scalp tickets but scalpers weren't budging off their outrageous prices. We opted to stay in that bar(can't remember the name now) and watch the game on tv as well. Although the game went south fast, I did enjoy watching the scalpers tickets turn worthless in about 15 minutes.

Funny this was the same situation for me in Denver as well.