SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

57 minutes ago, 4evrSIOUX said:

When the info becomes available, will somebody please post where the Sioux section will be? Last year we got student tickets and were by the bench. Not an option this year, but would like to be close. 

Last year, my impression was that the entire arena was pretty much the Sioux section.  Boston people could not believe how many Sioux fans showed up.  Hoping for the same or more turnout this year.:)

• Upvote 1

There is absolutely NO WAY I will be able to make it.  But I will be there in spirit.  Next year (if there is a next year  ;) )

I was supposed to be in Orlando (Disney World) for a work conference during the tourney, but that was cancelled when all out of state travel was cancelled for ND State workers.  :(

22 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I decided to fly into Fort Myers, rent a car, and drive. I'm going solo at this point so if anyone else is looking to save some costs on hotel, let me know! 

First thing I did was search hotels because I work pt at a hampton inn...basically for the discount. Any Hilton hotel for 29 or 39 bucks. EVERY hotel in Tampa claims to know have the employee rate available.

When are you getting to Fort Myers? 

I think I'll be going alone as well

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, franchise said:

First thing I did was search hotels because I work pt at a hampton inn...basically for the discount. Any Hilton hotel for 29 or 39 bucks. EVERY hotel in Tampa claims to know have the employee rate available.

When are you getting to Fort Myers? 

I think I'll be going alone as well

My flight gets in a little after 11am Thursday. Supposed to be a 2 hr drive to Tampa. Flights into Tampa just didn't work with my schedule (or price range) 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I decided to fly into Fort Myers, rent a car, and drive. I'm going solo at this point so if anyone else is looking to save some costs on hotel, let me know! 

I recommend checking out Airbnb for lodging, too.  I booked an entire condo less than a mile away from the arena for $350 total.  There were a couple other options nearby (like a new house decorated entirely in Hello! Kitty!!!) in the same price range.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, keikla said:

I recommend checking out Airbnb for lodging, too.  I booked an entire condo less than a mile away from the arena for $350 total.  There were a couple other options nearby (like a new house decorated entirely in Hello! Kitty!!!) in the same price range.

How many days is that for?

the Brad Berry demon exercision tour continues:

beat Michigan to avenge 2011 FF loss-check

beat Denver(they should beat Ferris today) in Frozen Four to avenge 2005 Championship game loss-will happen

beat BC to avenge all of those Frozen Four demons-mark it down will happen and number 8 will finally be hung in the rafters

• Upvote 3

Ours was a tough region, but neither NU nor UM had defenses like we will see in Tampa.  This team can do it, but I think Cam will have to be a little better.  We are certainly capable of scoring 5 or 6 against anyone, but chances are we will have to be able to win with 3 at least once.    

5 minutes ago, burd said:

Ours was a tough region, but neither NU nor UM had defenses like we will see in Tampa.  This team can do it, but I think Cam will have to be a little better.  We are certainly capable of scoring 5 or 6 against anyone, but chances are we will have to be able to win with 3 at least once.    

This would be a good time for Cam to start a new run at the consecutive shutout minutes record.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, snova4 said:

This would be a good time for Cam to start a new run at the consecutive shutout minutes record.

In fairness, watching the replays of Michigan's second goal, the guy was close in with time to load.  I don't know how many goalies would have snatched that one. 

3 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Lol, this team cannot catch a compliment from the fans. How many people said "this region is not fair, hardest region in the tourney and the Sioux get put there" they out play both opponents beautifully and "they haven't faced defenses like what's ahead, hope they pick it up"! I'm so happy for them, if/when they win it all, we can brag that there was no easy road for them, and they did it!

Odd response to what I intended, which was that the games will probably be different because of the defenses we will face.    

But you have to understand that so many of us think any Blais team would have hung at least 9 on both those teams. 

2 minutes ago, burd said:

Odd response to what I intended, which was that the games will probably be different because of the defenses we will face.    

But you have to understand that so many of us think any Blais team would have hung at least 9 on both those teams. 

Lol, no offence meant, but lol, yes that Blais is a miracle worker.

3 minutes ago, burd said:

That was the Basis of 16 years ago.  Today's Blais' teams collapse down the stretch and get a head start on the golf season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SiouxHockey15 said:

Do we know the gametime yet for Thursday?

Buccigross tweeted this earlier today:

@Buccigross: Thursday, April 7th:
5pm ET - espn2 - UMass Lowell/Quinnipiac winner vs. BC
8:30pm ET - espn2 - Ferris St/Denver winner vs. North Dakota