SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

SWSiouxMN

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

That isn't money that's just sitting there waiting to be used.  It's money that is used to help with the budget shortfall.  It's not hanging out in UND's back pocket.

Since Schafer said that money will help in the longrun budgets does that include upgrading money making athletic programs like basketball. Faison found money to help out the football program why not basketball. Just how much did that trip to Europe set the program back?

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

I would think Cashman's career is done at UND. Too bad. Hope he gets the help he needs. 

It's too bad, I've seen him volunteering at multiple things with kids and he does a great job. But yeah, he's done. 

On 6/26/2016 at 11:36 AM, sioux24/7 said:

Is there a reason we haven't see an article on this from Schloss or Miller? There has to be a reason Baker isn't player, whether it is personal choice to leave or dismissal. Regardless, it would be nice to see some information when this happens. Some people on this board claim to be "in the know", so share the knowledge.

44 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Is there a reason we haven't see an article on this from Schloss or Miller? There has to be a reason Baker isn't player, whether it is personal choice to leave or dismissal. Regardless, it would be nice to see some information when this happens. Some people on this board claim to be "in the know", so share the knowledge.

he got dismissed for unknown reasons.  Which means they didn't want him around anymore.  That should tell you all  you need to know about it.  Jones must have felt the program was better without him, on and off the court.

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

he got dismissed for unknown reasons.  Which means they didn't want him around anymore.  That should tell you all  you need to know about it.  Jones must have felt the program was better without him, on and off the court.

Too bad from a skill side of things. He didn't play last year and we were ok. Time for the guys to make some noise.

26 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

baker....undisclosed reasons....Cashman already a walk on so maybe he will stick.  Likely a suspension a short leach and medical intervention.  Maybe he should go back home to get family support.

agreed on Cashman, he has bigger things to worry about right now than basketball. 1 DUI is bad, but being dumb enough to do it twice in two months screams "I need some help". Time for that young man to go get it, before it become an even bigger issue in life.

13 hours ago, hoops44 said:

baker....undisclosed reasons....Cashman already a walk on so maybe he will stick.  Likely a suspension a short leach and medical intervention.  Maybe he should go back home to get family support.

I'm thinking Mr. Cashman needs a personal, pointed, and direct phone call from a Mr. Matthew Frattin. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Actually speaks highly of the program that assistants are getting hired by other schools (Yes, if you try you can always put a negative spin on something).

Wonder if he was our only connection to Oklahoma.  

On 6/28/2016 at 8:46 AM, siouxkid12 said:

I can understand getting one DUI, as it can happen to anyone but c'mon dude. 

2 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I just saw this - do you have me confused with someone else?  If not, what are you talking about?

It was in response to you giving me a negative feedback on the highlighted comment...

29 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

It was in response to you giving me a negative feedback on the highlighted comment...

In my 14 years in this forum, I have never knowingly given anyone either positive or negative feedback.  If I did for you, it was an accident - sorry!

tom miller seems to think Jones is going to be one of those exceptionally rare lame duck coaches this season, If a contract is not signed next week I believe miller is correct.  If Jones cannot sign a coveted recruit with his last open tender he should hold it for the 2017/2018 staff  not sign any more iffy prospects.....  I would guess Jones needs to win the BSC or BSC tourney in order to keep his employment at UND if he enters the season in a lame duck status