SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

SWSiouxMN

On 7/16/2016 at 4:01 PM, hoops44 said:

tom miller seems to think Jones is going to be one of those exceptionally rare lame duck coaches this season, If a contract is not signed next week I believe miller is correct.  If Jones cannot sign a coveted recruit with his last open tender he should hold it for the 2017/2018 staff  not sign any more iffy prospects.....  I would guess Jones needs to win the BSC or BSC tourney in order to keep his employment at UND if he enters the season in a lame duck status

Seems very reasonable considering what Jones has done (or not done) in his time here. Time to take that next step with the program, or move on to a coach who can. Hopefully he earns an extension and UND season the tourney for the first time.

On 7/25/2016 at 8:25 PM, UND Fan said:

College Sports Madness preview of this year's team:

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13301

Can't argue with any of what was said.  I do agree about the Geno part.  To me he needs to be the guy with the biggest improvement from last year.  If he can make a big jump... we will be dancing.

I hope the schedule comes out soon, I haven't stumbled upon any new games lately or any holiday tournaments.  All the games that have been trickling out lately have been the women's team

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Is it me, or does he look slimmer?  Nevertheless, I hope he can average a double-double this year and can expand his range to where he can take a 3 pointer or 2 a game to keep the D honest...

oh and get that FT% up as well

Drick and Hooker are grinding this off season....Shanks is the one who needs to bust his hump like these two

1 hour ago, hoops44 said:

Drick and Hooker are grinding this off season....Shanks is the one who needs to bust his hump like these two

With all due respect, posting a 30 sec video on social media with music dub isn't an indicator of how hard you are working in offseason. 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Can't argue with any of what was said.  I do agree about the Geno part.  To me he needs to be the guy with the biggest improvement from last year.  If he can make a big jump... we will be dancing.

I hope the schedule comes out soon, I haven't stumbled upon any new games lately or any holiday tournaments.  All the games that have been trickling out lately have been the women's team

Saw on Wright State University website that they are hosting a tournament and North Dakota is listed as one of the teams in late November..  Not sure if its us or they left out meant the team down south.

Nov 25 North Florida*

Nov 26 Wright State*

Nov 27 CSU-Bakersfield*

Dec 7 @ NDSU

Dec 10 @ Northern Iowa

Dec 20 @ Iowa

Dec 29 @ PSU

Dec 31 @ SAC ST

Jan 5 NAU

Jan 7 SUU

Jan 12 @ MSU

Jan 14 @ Montana

Jan 19 Weber

Jan 21 ISU

Jan 26 @ SUU

Jan 28 @ NAU

Feb 4 UNC

Feb 9 EWU

Feb 11 Idaho

Feb 16 @ ISU

Feb 18 @ Weber

Feb 25 @ UNC

Mar 2 SAC ST

Mar 4 PSU

*Wright State tournament

24 confirmed games so far.  Non-conference is looking decent with challenging mid-majors.  Looks to be about 5-7 more games left to be found. 

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

For the 2nd year in a row SDSU will not be on the schedule... again, what gives here.

Paul Ralston was filling in for Swyg and the  Tim & Swyg morning show last week and he talked about this on the air.  From what he had heard is that the Jackrabbits are only loking to play in Brookings and right now UND is really looking to find some nonconference home games.  

16 minutes ago, the green team said:

Paul Ralston was filling in for Swyg and the  Tim & Swyg morning show last week and he talked about this on the air.  From what he had heard is that the Jackrabbits are only loking to play in Brookings and right now UND is really looking to find some nonconference home games.  

While I know one of them will be filled by a d-2, naia, etc I hope they all aren't for the non-conference home games.

Sucks, maybe next year... of course I have been saying that about USD since they left in 2011 :crazy:.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, hoops44 said:

So the UND Prez said the axe is coming more sports teams.... Gotta cut the men if you are gonna cut the gals per title 9 law.... Not many mens sports left to cut....maybe mens hoops is being looked at... ??? +No coach under contract for 17/18.