SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 Season

SWSiouxMN

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

ok, and why would Baker have been asked to leave, seeing as we just paid for him for a year and he is supposed to be a huge asset on the court?

Think about it.  Rarely is a kid asked to leave because he is really good on the court.  

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

Think about it.  Rarely is a kid asked to leave because he is really good on the court.  

I understand what you're getting at, so are we saying there are grade problems or some other off the court issues. Its a message board, I don't think we need to play the guess game. If you know something, put it out there.

15 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

A picture from "Little Hoops Camp" not a team picture. I wonder how many other fan bases sit around all summer talking about who might be leaving? 

Nobody ever said it was a team picture. I'm sure a lot do if they have as many new players coming in as we do. Just gives an idea of who's more than likely still with the team. Sorry. I believe there's a thread for hockey solely about early departures. Obviously a little different with those being players leaving to go pro but nonetheless. 

Predicting the lineup after the moves

Hooker

Geno

Seales

Drick

Shanks

Bench:

Baldwin

Avants

SR-T

Jafar

Collins/Cashman/Walter (if he impressed enough to get his shirt pulled)

I still think Shanks starts in the beginning but that is the one I am not as sure on vs the rest. I think Seales get in the lineup over Baldwin.  Collins/Cashman is based on matchup and who can prove themselves. Out of the 2 incoming freshman, Walter has the best chance of playing right away in my eyes based on need and position... but it is still a small chance. 

I'm no basketball genius but Avants always seem to play better than Shanks. I hope Shanks figures it out, but too many early fouls and he gets stripped of the ball to easily. 

If Baker is gone for sure, why hasn't it been announced yet? I believe where there is smoke there is fire, but what is the hold up then?

8 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I really don't want to get into a "Jones" discussion before the season even starts.  But....  it is factual!

Will find out within the next 6 weeks to what extent Jones is coaching for his job !!!

Edited by hoops44

3 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

To some degree, I think all DI coaches, other than the top tier/elite coaches, are coaching for their job every season.  

It's more that his contract ends after this season and currently has not been renewed.