SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs DU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Boston College and Providence College aren't playing today either - they must both be one-and-done teams next weekend too.

I'm sure their respective fans are disappointed at losing yesterday as well. Appreciate the always positive rays of sunshine and relax attitude you exude Mafia but I think it's understandable if there are disappointed fans. 

Team is no doubt even more disappointed. They have high expectations just like UND fans do.

This team has shown it can bounce back from a tough weekend though. So while I am disappointed over the weekend results, I'll be keeping the faith. Go Sioux! Go F'n Hawks!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I'm sure their respective fans are disappointed at losing yesterday as well. Appreciate the always positive rays of sunshine and relax attitude you exude Mafia but I think it's understandable if there are disappointed fans. 

I'm disappointed myself - disappointment is part of the game.  Just like the highs of 2010, 2011, and 2012 are on the flip side of the coin.

My disapointment does not stem from our loss yesterday, or our tie today.  It stems from our lack of urgency and perspective in postseason play.  THAT needs to change.  I thought Berry might be the change we need.  Maybe he is, but I am starting to wonder....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bcblues said:

My disapointment does not stem from our loss yesterday, or our tie today.  It stems from our lack of urgency and perspective in postseason play.  THAT needs to change.  I thought Berry might be the change we need.  Maybe he is, but I am starting to wonder....

When you come into the tournament #1 in the PWR, you tend to play with less urgency. I expect that to change next week as every game is a must win from here on out. Looking forward to seeing where we get sent.

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

It was a great weekend seeing all the green downtown. Hopefully next year it will include more winning out of the sioux. If UND doesn't make this tourney for some reason then mpls will really be hurting for fans. I estimate 7000 sioux fans packed the target center 

I was anticipating a lot more SCSU and UMD fans.  Disappointed in their turnout...

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I think the myth of great support from SCSU and UMD stems from the days at the X when all the Gopher fans would cheer loudly when those schools were playing UND - thereby creating the illusion that the Huskies and Bulldogs had a pretty good crowd there.  ;)

For real, probably.

The championship game for two schools within 2 hours of the game driving distance was attended by 80% UND fans.
Pretty weak.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

When you come into the tournament #1 in the PWR, you tend to play with less urgency. I expect that to change next week as every game is a must win from here on out. Looking forward to seeing where we get sent.

Well, that "little less urgency" mentality may equate to squatting on their fans! If all the pundits are correct that ppp (piss poor performance) just moved the team's NCAA first round from MSP to Cinncy! If that happens to be the case, these boys need to understand who's paying the bills, and to play at any point in their hockey career with "a little less urgency"  or perhaps a better hockey term is "flat", will be perceived as how little they care for their fans (or those that pay the bills)!

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, siouxprideforever said:

Well, that "little less urgency" mentality may equate to squatting on their fans! If all the pundits are correct that ppp (piss poor performance) just moved the team's NCAA first round from MSP to Cinncy! If that happens to be the case, these boys need to understand who's paying the bills, and to play at any point in their hockey career with "a little less urgency" demonstrates how little they care for their fans (or those that pay the bills)!

Seems like every time any UND team loses a big game, folks come out and say the players don't care or are soft.   That is an easy, convenient, and simplistic thing to say and usually just made out of frustration.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, siouxprideforever said:

Well, that "little less urgency" mentality may equate to squatting on their fans! If all the pundits are correct that ppp (piss poor performance) just moved the team's NCAA first round from MSP to Cinncy! If that happens to be the case, these boys need to understand who's paying the bills, and to play at any point in their hockey career with "a little less urgency" demonstrates how little they care for their fans (or those that pay the bills)!

There can't be any argument UND played their way out of the X this weekend. Too bad as it is not often a regional is an easy drive to a lot of fans.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, burd said:

Seems like every time any UND team loses a big game, folks come out and say the players don't care or are soft.   That is an easy, convenient, and simplistic thing to say and usually just made out of frustration.  

I get your point but if you ask any player now......Cincy vs NE or the X vs Ferris you'll only get one answer.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I get your point but if you ask any player now......Cincy vs NE or the X vs Ferris you'll only get one answer.

You are right, I'm sure, but that doesn't mean they didn't see the urgency on Friday night.