SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs DU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Of the 4 teams yesterday I thought DU's 18 skaters were the best group up and down the ice. Hoping for a win but my gut tells me UND goes to 0-6 in the Tardump Center.

We are 1-1 in the mighty third place game.  Burnsies boy scored the GWG year before last if my memory serves??  Then Wiscy seals their own NCAA regionals fate by getting us into the NCAA tourney with their win that Sat. night...

23 minutes ago, yababy8 said:

We are 1-1 in the mighty third place game.  Burnsies boy scored the GWG year before last if my memory serves??  Then Wiscy seals their own NCAA regionals fate by getting us into the NCAA tourney with their win that Sat. night...

My bad. UND did beat WMU in 2014 now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, yababy8 said:

The first 2, I beliieve, b4 we could make it 2 our seats (Gaarder)

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Lineup changes: 

St Clair for JJ

Olson for Wilke

Wolanin for Ladue........he was to be nicked up otherwise this makes no sense.

I think all 3 of them are dinged up, not just LaDue.  Denver also sitting some key players.

Hmmm, sucks to be playing for loser.  But this is not a meaningless game.  Even if it doesn't affect our standings and seeding in the Regionals, it is still either a momentum-builder, or a momentum killer.  And DU swept us at home a few weeks ago, so anything can happen.  I just hope we can eek out a win and gain some momentum.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup. No Shore, Butcher or Arnold on ice.

Levin sitting too.

5 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Hmmm, sucks to be playing for loser.  But this is not a meaningless game.  Even if it doesn't affect our standings and seeding in the Regionals, it is still either a momentum-builder, or a momentum killer.  And DU swept us at home a few weeks ago, so anything can happen.  I just hope we can eek out a win and gain some momentum.

Absolutely agree here.  Beating Denver would bring the confidence level up a bit, I think.  Just need to have a high compete level, play a full 60 minutes, win the little puck battles, have good net front presence, crash the net, have a lunch pail mentality, look for those greasy goals, and we'll be good.  Did I miss anything?