SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

On 6/22/2016 at 4:11 PM, scpa0305 said:

Go on twitter and there are many folks giving examples, I'm not going to get into it.  Also, I'm not talking about trading draft rights.  As of now, I'm assuming he's going.

Roslovic signs.

14 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Thanks, good season but I wouldn't say a mind blowing one, enough to sign a contract? Ok I guess

He must have really Wowed the Jets enough to make an offer at their prospects camp.  It doesn't make sense to sign a contract if the Jets are sending them to the OHL, he's got to be heading to the Moose.

Of course they can get all the help they can get as they were god awful outside of the goalie and a few other forwards last year

16 hours ago, cberkas said:

I think if Roslovic played at UND, Denver, St. Cloud, or any other team that was good he doesn't sign. To me it looks like the Jets weren't happy about his development at Miami and wanted to get him out of there. 

I don't think so. Blasi is a solid guy.  Miami has done a decent job developing guys.  He wants to play in London, their going to be juiced up and will have a run at the memorial cup.

18 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He must have really Wowed the Jets enough to make an offer at their prospects camp.  It doesn't make sense to sign a contract if the Jets are sending them to the OHL, he's got to be heading to the Moose.

Of course they can get all the help they can get as they were god awful outside of the goalie and a few other forwards last year

i am a jets fan and supposedly he got more buzz at the prospect camp than kyle connor did

34 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

i am a jets fan and supposedly he got more buzz at the prospect camp than kyle connor did

He must have a solid shot at making the roster if they were willing to burn a year of his Entry Level Contract. Jets are going be solid for years to come with their prospect pool. 

10 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

He must have a solid shot at making the roster if they were willing to burn a year of his Entry Level Contract. Jets are going be solid for years to come with their prospect pool. 

As long as he plays fewer than 9 games with the NHL club, and the rest with London of the OHL, a year off of his ELC will not be burned. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone in the know about Miami's roster for the coming season? I'd be curious to know what Red Hawks fans are thinking about how next season will go. Personally, I didn't take Roslovic's departure as an indictment of Blasi. My impression of Blasi and his squads is that they're a pretty tight-knit group. 

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone in the know about Miami's roster for the coming season? I'd be curious to know what Red Hawks fans are thinking about how next season will go. Personally, I didn't take Roslovic's departure as an indictment of Blasi. My impression of Blasi and his squads is that they're a pretty tight-knit group. 

Probably a pretty rough year for the Red Hawks this year.  Two freshmen goalies battling out for starts.  Belpedio will be one of the leagues top dmen, and Louis will be one of the top forwards, but other than that, very few players that could make a substantial impact.

23 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He has to go to the CHL rather than the AHL based on his age.

17 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

He has to go to the CHL rather than the AHL based on his age.

Not true, that is only if they are drafted out of the CHL (agreement between the CHL and the NHL to keep the top end players in Junior rather than the AHL).  Since Roslovic was drafted out of the NTDP, he can play in the CHL, AHL, or NHL this year.

1 minute ago, as15 said:

Not true, that is only if they are drafted out of the CHL.  Since Roslovic was drafted out of the NTDP, he can play in the CHL, AHL, or NHL this year.

I thought if you were CHL eligible and your rights were held by a CHL team that you had to go there vs the AHL

4 minutes ago, as15 said:

Not true, that is only if they are drafted out of the CHL (agreement between the CHL and the NHL to keep the top end players in Junior rather than the AHL).  Since Roslovic was drafted out of the NTDP, he can play in the CHL, AHL, or NHL this year.

Most likely the OHL this year with London. He's visiting there this weekend.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/07/18/winnipeg-jets-first-round-pick-jack-roslovic-a-london-knights-property-signs-nhl-contract

"If he ever did come to junior, he would be a very good player in the league," London GM Rob Simpson said. "But there is a good chance he could make Winnipeg or the American league. He's a first-round pick (25th overall in 2015). We'll see what happens."

Classic comment...downplaying the fact they just traded for his rights... 

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I thought if you were CHL eligible and your rights were held by a CHL team that you had to go there vs the AHL

Only if you were drafted out of the CHL.  If you were drafted out of the NCAA, NTDP, USHL, BCHL, European leagues etc., and younger than the Junior age cutoff for that year, and under NHL contract, you can play in the CHL, AHL, or the NHL.  

It is just very rare for a U-20 player to be playing in the AHL because it burns a year off of their ELC, when you can just let them develop in the CHL for one more year and retain their rights for that additional year.