SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I love this pattern you guys have over here. Backhanded insult to a decade long career, I state the obvious that everybody knows but are unwilling to admit anything a Bison player has done is impressive and it's met with...cool story bro.

Don't take backhanded, unnecessary shots and there won't be any reason for anyone to say anything. 

Coolio?

Way to come on here and defend his honor.  Yeoman's work.  

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I love this pattern you guys have over here. Backhanded insult to a decade long career, I state the obvious that everybody knows but are unwilling to admit anything a Bison player has done is impressive and it's met with...cool story bro.

Don't take backhanded, unnecessary shots and there won't be any reason for anyone to say anything. 

Coolio?

I was just pointing out to kingdick that Mays hasn't exactly been a career starter. I also said good for him which was sincere.

• Upvote 1

It's finally good to see Ratelle getting the props he deserves from multiple teams. I really think he is the type a guy we will see playing on Sunday's. I hope the underclassmen take note that all the hard work you put in can really pay off and give you a chance at the highest level. Way to make UND proud Will!

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Way to come on here and defend his honor.  Yeoman's work.  

Way to defend someone who took a shot at a kid living out his dream of playing football in the NFL for nearly 3x the NFL average career.

Your family and friends must be real proud.

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I was just pointing out to kingdick that Mays hasn't exactly been a career starter. I also said good for him which was sincere.

I understand he hasn't been a star, but as you know, longevity in the NFL is rare. I've been very impressed with Joe's career given he fought the same uphill battle with his measurables that Mr. Ratelle will be overcoming in his career hopefully.

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Way to defend someone who took a shot at a kid living out his dream of playing football in the NFL for nearly 3x the NFL average career.

You're family and friends must be real proud.

I didn't defend anybody.  I was talking to you with no reference to anything else.  Good for Mays to last that long in the NFL.    

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I didn't defend anybody.  I was talking to you with no reference to anything else.  Good for Mays to last that long in the NFL.    

Context.

You clearly picked a side of the fence.

No worries though, I didn't mean to derail any attention from Mr. Ratelle. Hope he gets drafted very high and has a successful career. He seems like a good kid with an amazing work ethic. Definitely should be able to make a name for himself on special teams and then find his way into the two deep over time.

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I understand he hasn't been a star, but as you know, longevity in the NFL is rare. I've been very impressed with Joe's career given he fought the same uphill battle with his measurables that Mr. Ratelle will be overcoming in his career hopefully.

So you admit that Joe and Will are somewhat similar, well at least in a similar position coming out of college then it looks like?  Mr. Texas with his.....Seriously comment...when Geau_sioux said that Will should get the same chance that Joe had.  Rancher said Seriously.........acting like they are in two different stratospheres coming out of college.  Will is rated #14 for ILB.....maybe Joe was a lot higher I don't know (but I'm sure a Bison troll is scrambling this very minute to go find out).  I don't think a Seriously comment was warranted......acting like we are dipsh*ts for thinking he should have as good of a chance or shot as Joe did coming out of college.  

Also you do know that a majority of NDSU trollers that come here can't get themselves to say anything good about UND or what any UND player has ever done right?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Coolio?

If this isn't proof you bison turd burglars come to Sioux sports seeking approval and compliments, I don't know what is.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

If this isn't proof you bison turd burglars come to Sioux sports seeking approval and compliments, I don't know what is.  

I read football forums seeking cordial discourse. When I read comments that I believe to be false, out of interest in either beginning a conversation or providing my perspective on a conversation that's already begun I will occasionally give my opinion.

If, as a UND fan, you see that as some sort of coup or a feather in your cap, bully for you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

If Joe Mays got a shot at LB there is no reason Ratelle shouldn't.

17 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

Soriously? Joe mays is a career nfl guy

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I read football forums seeking cordial discourse. When I read comments that I believe to be false, out of interest in either beginning a conversation or providing my perspective on a conversation that's already begun I will occasionally give my opinion.

If, as a UND fan, you see that as some sort of coup or a feather in your cap, bully for you.

The first two comments are what started the whole thing. Do you see any slight towards Mays in geaux_sioux's comments? Because I don't but in a continued quest to defend the FargoU name on the internet and make sure to feel slighted, a known troll jumped in with a comment.

I think they are actually a pretty good comparison, height challenged LB's from small schools and I've seen the comment more than once. Mays is probably 1-2" taller but Ratelle's pro day numbers were actually quite a bit better than Mays:

40 time: 4.54 vs. 4.7 or 4.87 (depending on which source you use)
Bench: 36 vs. 21
Broad Jump: 9'10" vs. 9'3"
Vertical Jump: 36" vs. 33 1/2"

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The first two comments are what started the whole thing. Do you see any slight towards Mays in geaux_sioux's comments? Because I don't but in a continued quest to defend the FargoU name on the internet and make sure to feel slighted, a known troll jumped in with a comment.

I think they are actually a pretty good comparison, height challenged LB's from small schools and I've seen the comment more than once. Mays is probably 1-2" taller but Ratelle's pro day numbers were actually quite a bit better than Mays:

You missed geauxsioux's comment that said he wouldn't beat his chest, meaning be prideful, about Joe Mays' career. I said any career that lasts as long as Joe's is something to be very proud of. 

27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I have agreed the entire time that the two are a good comparison, physically.

Only part of this that I commented on was geaux_sioux's comment about beating his chest. Not a big deal. Given geaux_sioux's history of posting here, I believe him to be sincere in a comment he made later, halfway retracting the comments or at least clarifying the comment.

I'm not working to belabor the argument here. Not seeking approval, just simply stating, which I hope all of you would agree with, any NFL career that last as long as Joe's is something to be proud of if you are Joe.

If in 10 years Mr. Ratelle has the exact same career Joe Mays had, I would be disappointed if UND fans didn't see Will's career as a MAJOR success.

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

LOL.   Is that why you came on SIOUXSPORTS a few weeks ago to tell us Carson Wentz getting drafted is the biggest sporting accomplishment ever in the state of North Dakota?

22 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

LOL.   Is that why you came on SIOUXSPORTS a few weeks ago to tell us Carson Wentz getting drafted is the biggest sporting accomplishment ever in the state of North Dakota?

You seem to be implying that wasn't a cordial discussion. What part of my or anyone else's role in that discussion would you not define as cordial?

additionally, if you're going to paraphrase my comments, at least have the spirit of my posts reflected in your paraphrase.

I stated several time in fact in that discussion that it isn't the biggest accomplishment, but rather it is arguably the biggest sports story in North Dakota history. To which I later agreed that the Maris story is clearly a bigger story. It just didn't immediately come to mind since it was over 2 decades before my birth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I can agree that geaux_sioux's sole purpose was not to "taunt or generate anger".

I often read on this site, how much some UND fans wish NDSU "trolls" would stop derailing every thread and mentioning the bison.

let me suggest, if some UND folks stop initially bringing up NDSU, like in geaux_sioux's post, the NDSU "trolls" would stay away (maybe).  It would be interesting to arbitrarily go back and look at past threads, and identify the first person that mentions NDSU to see if it is a UND fan or an NDSU "troll".  I wonder what the percentages would be...

anyways, back on topic.  The numbers are pretty crazy... if that is any type of a predictor for NFL career, Ratelle will have a solid future in the league.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Mays I saw listed at 5' 11", 240 lbs., 6th round pick, 90 tackles his senior year at SU

Ratelle vrs Mays isn't that close.  Ratelle is bigger, faster, stronger, more explosive, and was more productive his senior year.  We'll see what the NFL thinks soon........

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

UND fans in a UND Chat Room should be able to talk about whatever they want without having a troll butt in and contradict, question or defend what is being talked about. It's a site for UND fans

Yes it is for UND fans, but not ONLY for UND fans.  If you want this site to be ONLY for UND fans, talk to the mods and owners to start restricting access.

I guess that would be another way to solve the issue with all the NDSU "trolls".  Don't allow anyone to view the forms just members, and have a strict vetting process to make sure people that sign up are truly UND fans.  That would solve the issue.

37 minutes ago, 2TRU4U said:

Yes it is for UND fans, but not ONLY for UND fans.  If you want this site to be ONLY for UND fans, talk to the mods and owners to start restricting access.

I guess that would be another way to solve the issue with all the NDSU "trolls".  Don't allow anyone to view the forms just members, and have a strict vetting process to make sure people that sign up are truly UND fans.  That would solve the issue.

Actually if you go to the homepage and scroll to the bottom it says :SiouxSports.com is an online community for fans, media, families, participants, and friends of UND Fighting Sioux athletics."   which you and several of the others are not.  The creators probably never envisioned so many NDSU people to come on here and pipe up every time NDSU is mentioned (and often when they are not even mentioned) that they would need to create a screening process.  Periodically posters from other schools come on and chime in, which I think generally most of us feel ok with.  I doubt if Will was compared to a Montana player they would be jumping all over it trying to immediately disprove that the two are similar and calling us crazy.

And it's funny, what started this was Geau_Sioux just staying Will should get a shot if Mays got a shot, which Bison06 even agrees they were similar coming out of college and similar situation with a smaller school.  Walker Texas Rancher (an hour and a half later on a thread not related to NDSU) had to jump in with a Seriously comment acting like the two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.    That is when people on our end poked that he was with 6 different teams etc.......kind of implying that he wasn't Ray Lewis or anything.  We should be able to mention NDSU or an NDSU player without the NDSU superiority complex people having to jump in immediately. 

Anyway...back to the players.  I'm glad the first round of the draft is now on Thursday nights!

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2016 at 7:47 PM, geaux_sioux said:

If Joe Mays got a shot at LB there is no reason Ratelle shouldn't.

I said seriously not because of will, who I think is a hell of a linebacker, but because geaux took a backhanded stab at joe mays.  Who by the way was also a pretty good collegiate linebacker.

Edited by UNDBIZ
Language
  • Downvote 4

34 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

I said seriously not because of will, who I think is a hell of a linebacker, but because geaux took a backhanded dick head stab at joe mays.  Who by the way was also a pretty damn good collegiate linebacker.

I guess this is where anything UND-NDSU related people get their panties in a bunch way too quickly.   So you took "If Joe Mays got a shot at LB there is no reason Ratelle shouldn't" as a dick head stab at Joe?   I took that as him thinking they were both very good linebackers from smaller schools that were somewhat similar.  If Geaux_Sioux was trying to imply in his initial comment that Joe wasn't good enough and didn't deserve it he would only come across looking kinda dumb in my opinion....because Joe did make a team and played in the league for  while, so I don't believe he at all meant it as a rip on Joe.   Joe was a very good linebacker, as is Will.

• Upvote 3