SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

I thought the rule on pro days is you can either do one in your home town or at your home college site (or nearest).  I don't know if you are able to do more than one.  

I don't know what else Will would have tested.  He knocked his Minnesota day out of the park.  

15 hours ago, Parkers Pros said:

During the Wentz interview you could see Ratelle running drills behind him.

It would be foolish for Ratelle not to go through all the drills again.  When you're on the bubble you need to show the scouts you can do it anytime you want.  Great day for NDSU football as a lot of NFL people said it was the best run Pro Day they have ever been at. 

6 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

Can a moderator clean this crap up? I come on here to read about UND sports. Carson Wentz, nice story, good kid, but I know where I can read about it. I think the purpose of this thread is for people like Will Ratelle, Weston Dressler, and other former players not Carson Wentz.

Well, maybe if UND had former players in the NFL, this thread would survive without talk about former Bison...:cool:

• Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm assuming most of us are thinking he will sign on with somebody after the draft as a free agent to try and make a team, but won't actually get drafted.  Or do you think he will actually get drafted? 

He is likely a free agent signing, but if he impresses teams enough he could slip into the later rounds.

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm assuming most of us are thinking he will sign on with somebody after the draft as a free agent to try and make a team, but won't actually get drafted.  Or do you think he will actually get drafted? 

This is where I'm leaning toward ... Undrafted free agent. 

Undrafted free agent with outside chance of round 7

He will need to impress on special teams in training camp someplace; however, I think he will do just that. Ratelle is built for special teams coverage (kick-off and punt) with his strength and speed combination.