SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

Enough!!!!  Who gives a sh!t about what moo u has to say.  The title indicates "former und players" and will ratelle is a former player so let's enjoy this ride.  We have one our own that has worked his ass off while here at und, he now has a chance of a lifetime.   This shouldn't be about moo u and und, this is about the Wills of the world.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

I said seriously not because of will, who I think is a hell of a linebacker, but because geaux took a backhanded stab at joe mays.  Who by the way was also a pretty good collegiate linebacker.

There was no shot taken, try again scooter.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Huh?  If you mean 7th round, then yes.

He's better then the normal 7th round guys.  I think 5th or 6th.  If a team really thinks Will is a steal and it's a position need, maybe 4th.  A lot of the NFL teams treat the draft as a popularity contest, group think, and strongly desire an 'A' rating from Mel Kiper.  I see Will has had some positive pub with numerous teams as a 'steal' pick, which is good.

38 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

He's better then the normal 7th round guys.  I think 5th or 6th.  If a team really thinks Will is a steal and it's a position need, maybe 4th.  A lot of the NFL teams treat the draft as a popularity contest, group think, and strongly desire an 'A' rating from Mel Kiper.  I see Will has had some positive pub with numerous teams as a 'steal' pick, which is good.

Agreed.  Outside shot at the 4th round,  however, it's well known that the nfl dislikes shorter guys.  His numbers outshined the rest of the ILB group and his work ethic is second to none.  Based on the numbers game, minus the height, he is a first rounder.   Being 250 with 4.5 speed at ILB position usually has the "experts " drooling.  

My guess is fullback position and a killer on special teams 

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Today's the day, any chance we see Will go in the second round? 

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I heard he could go as high as third round.

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I did see 5th or 6th, maybe I have high hopes for third.

Which is it Darell?

I'm hoping for the best for Will. His success only helps the visibility of FCS football. Sure is fun following a draft and waiting for the names to be called of former players from our respective schools.

5 minutes ago, TinyTimmay said:

Which is it Darell?

I'm hoping for the best for Will. His success only helps the visibility of FCS football. Sure is fun following a draft and waiting for the names to be called of former players from our respective schools.

I don't see why he won't go first overall. 

57 minutes ago, TinyTimmay said:

Which is it Darell?

Some link ranked him the 12th best linebacker, hopefully he can shock people and be taken high, Miami needs a linebacker and they already have a Bison on the team. His size could be a problem but Zach Thomas was only 5' 11" 242 and went to 7 pro bowls and was one of the best LB's in Dolphins history. Ratelle could be a great steal for a team.