SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. WMU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Regarding the article today about Janatuinen and not getting called till 6:45 to be at the rink cause he had to play.... does anybody else find it odd that the guys that aren't dressed don't need to be at the rink til literally game time or when was Jana heading to the rink?  Very odd to me.

I would guess he had already been at the rink and had to go back to his room for something. I would be surprised if they don't need to show up until right at game time. Maybe Janatuinen was dealing with some kind of illness and was supposed to stay away tonight but when Schmaltz couldn't go they asked him if he would be able to battle through the illness and play?

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Regarding the article today about Janatuinen and not getting called till 6:45 to be at the rink cause he had to play.... does anybody else find it odd that the guys that aren't dressed don't need to be at the rink til literally game time or when was Jana heading to the rink?  Very odd to me.

Was strange.  The extras always sit at the top of 301 (visiting team extras 316). Would guess there is an explanation for JJ being in the dorm room. I think he'd have been in 301 when the game started

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

had the same thought.

15 hours ago, UND1983 said:

You are one bright and inquisitive guy  :;) -)  cus I literally thought the very same thing upon reading the article.

24 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

There is no way the timing is right on that story.  It would take him at least 15 minutes to drive to the rink, park, and rush to get his equipment on.

I doubt he drove from the dorm (walsh?). He could have ran over in two minutes. He said warmups were about over when he got the call. So the timing is probably about right. Giving him about twenty minutes from entering the Ralph to get his gear on and to the bench.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

I doubt he drove from the dorm (walsh?). He could have ran over in two minutes. He said warmups were about over when he got the call. So the timing is probably about right. Giving him about twenty minutes from entering the Ralph to get his gear on and to the bench.

JJ came onto the ice for the first time AFTER Mark sang the National Anthem.

8 hours ago, Cratter said:

I would guess he's in Walsh, that's where most of the freshman hockey players live.  And I assume if he got a call from coach saying "Get to the rink", he'd pretty much drop everything and get his butt over there as fast as a possible.  Definitely no more than a few minutes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I would guess he's in Walsh, that's where most of the freshman hockey players live.  And I assume if he got a call from coach saying "Get to the rink", he'd pretty much drop everything and get his butt over there as fast as a possible.  Definitely no more than a few minutes.

And running there would help him "warm up."

• Upvote 1

I noticed Anderson was dressed, didn't see Tomek. Did he dress? Or why was Anderson dressed above him? Why 4 goalies if Tomek did dress? 

Separately, there's a chance this has been happening all year and I missed it. If so, sorry.

23 minutes ago, ClassB said:

I noticed Anderson was dressed, didn't see Tomek. Did he dress? Or why was Anderson dressed above him? Why 4 goalies if Tomek did dress? 

Separately, there's a chance this has been happening all year and I missed it. If so, sorry.

I saw Anderson dress as well, didn't see Tomek although I could have easily missed him.  Honestly, the Tomek situation is one of the weirder things I have seen at UND is some time.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ClassB said:

I noticed this on Saturday as well and I find it odd.  Tomek dressed Friday as the 3rd goalie and Anderson dressed Saturday, not sure the reason.

40 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He warmed up, right? I think that's an indicator of the severity.

I wasn't sure if it was something he did on Friday night, or if he did something Saturday during warm-ups. I was going to ask about Ausmus, but then remembered seeing him on the ice for the TCoS, and looked like he skated back off okay.

12 minutes ago, snova4 said:

I wasn't sure if it was something he did on Friday night, or if he did something Saturday during warm-ups. I was going to ask about Ausmus, but then remembered seeing him on the ice for the TCoS, and looked like he skated back off okay.

Schlossman said something happened in the Friday night game.

Not sure about Gage. I did notice him for the salute, but not for the end of the game.

My guess... both will play on Friday.

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Schlossman said something happened in the Friday night game.

Not sure about Gage. I did notice him for the salute, but not for the end of the game.

My guess... both will play on Friday.

He only played one shift in the third period Friday,  and it was obvious he was hurting in that shift.