SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. WMU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What's tv/web usually like for the NCHC first rounds and Frozen Faceoff?

UND websites lists nothing.

NCHC tv will carry the first rounds.  From the FInal Five they only carry the third place game.

Was a little sloppy at times and goaltending struggled but battled through it to get the win. I thought UND really controlled things 5-on-5 but most of this game was filled with penalties. Hope Schmaltz can get healthy heading into to playoff time but no matter who is in and who is out need to get the job done next week.  

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Nice senior tribute again, as always.
Now the fun begins.

Nice comeback win tonight.

I love senior night, but I'm always depressed also. I might have cried last year knowing that was the last I was going to see Pattyn.

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What's tv/web usually like for the NCHC first rounds and Frozen Faceoff?

I believe Midco has usually televised the 1st round when UND is at home so I'd guess that would be the case again. CBSSN does the frozen faceoff semifinals and championship, don't think there is any tv for the 3rd place game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxScore said:

I believe Midco has usually televised the 1st round when UND is at home so I'd guess that would be the case again. CBSSN does the frozen faceoff semifinals and championship, don't think there is any tv for the 3rd place game. 

I'm happy I'm on my three day weekend next weekend so I can at least watch on TV. Not so lucky for opening of NCAA's.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Was a little sloppy at times and goaltending struggled but battled through it to get the win. I thought UND really controlled things 5-on-5 but most of this game was filled with penalties. Hope Schmaltz can get healthy heading into to playoff time but no matter who is in and who is out need to get the job done next week.  

I feel like him skating in pregame is an indication that it's not a terribly serious injury. If he needs to take CC off, so be it. No reason we can't get it done against the Tigers regardless who we put on the ice. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding the article today about Janatuinen and not getting called till 6:45 to be at the rink cause he had to play.... does anybody else find it odd that the guys that aren't dressed don't need to be at the rink til literally game time or when was Jana heading to the rink?  Very odd to me.

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Regarding the article today about Janatuinen and not getting called till 6:45 to be at the rink cause he had to play.... does anybody else find it odd that the guys that aren't dressed don't need to be at the rink til literally game time or when was Jana heading to the rink?  Very odd to me.

Agreed. I think they are required to be there for some pre game meetings, so maybe he had to go back to his room to pick something up and then would be back by puck drop??