SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. WMU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Just heard the smattering of boos for the "Fighting Hawks" penalty announcement. At this point, it's just plain tired. Neither vindictive, nor clever, nor cute. More of a statement on intelligence (or lack thereof) than any type of meek protest. Give it up, guys. It's run its course. For your own dignity, please, give it up.

They are f'n kids!! Good thing you were an outstanding citizen when you were young???

• Upvote 3

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

You're not changing my mind. It's dumb and boorish, and I think we should expect a little class from all fans. (FWIW, I don't think the boos were only coming from the student section.)

56da6d50aec11_ScreenShot2016-03-04at11.2

Then you weren't listening! All of it has always,  and is still coming from the students!

• Upvote 1

Um, I was at the game against CC and not in student section and it was around me.  All and always is strong wording.  Yes, the loudest was from them and I agree, it is getting old.  It is making UND look bad too.  Watching the game tonight on TV, I could hear it.  It is time for the student leaders to step up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

Nice to win, but I wish this team would just once play a full 60 minutes

:huh:

An 8-1 thumping of Western Michigan. An undisputed, outright Penrose Cup Championship. And you are complaining?

The boys got a 5-0 lead and took their foot off the gas pedal. It happens in all sports. Do you really think they would have gotten sloppy if the game was 2-0 or even 3-0?

Let's enjoy tonight for what it is and not look for things to worry about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

Nice to win, but I wish this team would just once play a full 60 minutes

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

An 8-1 thumping of Western Michigan. An undisputed, outright Penrose Cup Championship. And you are complaining?

The boys got a 5-0 lead and took their foot off the gas pedal. It happens in all sports. Do you really think they would have gotten sloppy if the game was 2-0 or even 3-0?

psssst----SARCASM!!

• Upvote 2

My unasked for 2¢ ; Everybody grieves for and lets go of things at their own pace. If they're not ready to let go of Fighting Sioux they're not ready. It's not hurting anyone-- the coaches and players know what the booing is for so it isn't bothering them. The one thing the students do that I'd want changed is the "Who's he, he sucks sh$t."   -- It sounds immature and stupid to me. If you don't know who he is how do you know he sucks sh$t? Would prefer something more creative there!

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, BisSioux said:

Schmaltz goal #3 on Sportscenter top 10.  Beats out Roscoe's half court shot that was #8.  Good night for UND on Sportcenter!

And #7 was commit Senden.  Though that was the goalie making a terrific save.

42 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I gotta think burd was being sarcastic, right...?

That was fun, eh?

Good to see the team put the hammer down when something was incredibly important and right in front of their faces. That type of performance is what we need in the tourney. All four lines, three d-pairings and our goalie played well. Excellent.

• Upvote 1

It was a 8-1 thrashing but let's not overlook Cam. He was really good. Great to see Wilke bust out. Thought 26 19 18 were great. Those 2 Fr. were flying around last night. IMO JJ had his best game at UND...terrific. Our D was active all night especially offensively. 4 played a solid game. Would like to see Wolanin over Shaw tonight. 8 looked like he get dinged up again. 16 is something special.

• Upvote 2