SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

38 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

February 12th and the team suffered its 4th loss of the season...wow.  

If the team puts in a good full 60 minutes and looses, it sucks but I'm kinda ok with it but not when you play for 30 minutes and almost catch up then get scored on again because you're being lazy. And if the win loss records wernt so tight this season it wouldn't but me as much but when you have the top 5 teams in the country with no more then 3 or 4 loses, then it starts to matter

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BeazSioux said:

Judas.  Relax.  The team hasn't taken 2 in Denver since 2003.  That includes names like Parise, Bochenski, Toews, Osh, Duncan, Fratts, Malone, Genoway. 

Chill the hell out.  We've lost 4 freakin games this year.  Best it happens now then in March when a loss ends it all.  CBS will get it their timing back and our D is rarely going to be that piss poor.

Go SIOUX!

AMEN!

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Luke's defense and skating as a center were exposed with the speed of play last night vs a quality team....but he got lots of help in racking up a -4. Others played much worse. #4 is getting tough to watch. He seems to lack any fire and is not playing anywhere near his talent. #6 did have a rough night but he'll be better tonight.

My guess is LJ goes to a wing and Sanderson is tonight's 4th centermen and if Shaw plays it can't be for Wolanin.

I thought #19 was really good and Colton got better as the game went on. JJ and Olson sit with Wilke in tonight.

Up to this point, I was willing to give Thompson the benefit of the doubt, but after his standing around and not having his head in the game, I think he needs to sit tonight with Shaw in for him.  Definitely need to make a change with LJ.  Just not getting it done with his current role.  Unless Cam comes out and plays like he has previously this season, might be time for Tomek next week.

• Upvote 1

I thought the boys looked good most of the game, there were just several full blown breakdowns (by the same d pairing) the cost them goals. Thompson obviously didn't look good last night but his d partner was equally as bad. Denver played pretty dang well. Gotta win tonight.

I don't blame Cam. First goal was a seeing eye puck, he had 4 players stacked in front of him.Second was a tap in,D didn't cover the open man.Third was all on Thompson,let Plant come across the slot and tap in the pass from Moore.Fourth, Poolman and Walanin let Heinen waltz in between them,post and in. Fifth, Ladue doesn't go after puck on the wall,Denver player picks a daisy and passes to Shore,crossbar down. Starman said Grant Fuhr wouldn't have stopped that one.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hard to get better when two of your best players are hurt. We'll find out. My money is on yes.

I thought the CBS line was out of sync for a while last night. I thought they got stronger at the end of the game. 

• Upvote 1

In Thompson's defense if we are going to cherry pick only missed plays, I gotta mention a particularly great play by him....about seven and a half minutes left in the third period and he joins the rush, we get a scoring opportunity but the play immediately turns back the other way. Thompson is behind the DU net, busts his but the other direction, and catches up with the DU puck handler all the way down in our zone and breaks up what might have been a great scoring opportunity for them. 

16 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

In Thompson's defense if we are going to cherry pick only missed plays, I gotta mention a particularly great play by him....about seven and a half minutes left in the third period and he joins the rush, we get a scoring opportunity but the play immediately turns back the other way. Thompson is behind the DU net, busts his but the other direction, and catches up with the DU puck handler all the way down in our zone and breaks up what might have been a great scoring opportunity for them. 

I distinctly remember that play. It was a very good play.....but cherry picking one positive among a boat load of bad plays doesn't negate the fact he played very poorly overall.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

If the team puts in a good full 60 minutes and looses, it sucks but I'm kinda ok with it but not when you play for 30 minutes and almost catch up then get scored on again because you're being lazy. And if the win loss records wernt so tight this season it wouldn't but me as much but when you have the top 5 teams in the country with no more then 3 or 4 loses, then it starts to matter

So do we fire Berry unless we get the #1 overall seed?

• Upvote 1

9 Drake Caggiula–8 Nick Schmaltz–16 Brock Boeser
25 Joel Janatuinen–27 Luke Johnson–14 Austin Poganski
29 Bryn Chyzyk–10 Johnny Simonson–18 Chris Wilkie
19 Shane Gersich–22 Rhett Gardner–17 Colten St. Clair

20 Gage Ausmus–2 Troy Stecher
24 Christian Wolanin–3 Tucker Poolman
28 Hayden Shaw–4 Keaton Thompson

33 Cam Johnson
30 Matt Hrynkiw

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

9 Drake Caggiula–8 Nick Schmaltz–16 Brock Boeser