SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Berry better light a fire under theit ass for tomorrow. Should never give.up that many goals and it's not all on johnson. That 5th goal for.DU was.terrible. nice job by DU to capitalize, but we just looked lazy. PrettY f-ING pathetic. Better get the win tomorrow night, or plan on.playing outside  of St paul. Not sure.we can make that regional without some major help at this point.

Nick had one, Boeser had one, and from the sounds of it Nick made a good play to set up Stecher's goal. So 3 out of the 4 goals. Trying to blame the top line when they were the only ones to produce seems a tad bit ridiculous. Unless they were being matched up with Denver's top line all night; you can't blame this game on CBS.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Nick had one, Boeser had one, and from the sounds of it Nick made a good play to set up Stecher's goal. So 3 out of the 4 goals. Trying to blame the top line when they were the only ones to produce seems a tad bit ridiculous. Unless they were being matched up with Denver's top line all night; you can't blame this game on CBS.

Ok good points I forgot about nicks.

I'm sure they'll get the timing and chemistry down again better soon after playing together more.

Didn't UND have a scare against bama after those boys left....

Just now, Cratter said:

Ok good points I forgot about nicks.

I'm sure they'll get the timing and chemistry down again better soon after playing together more.

Didn't UND have a scare against bama after those boys left....

The Friday game against Huntsville was 1-0.

I was only able to follow online, but it sounds like Nick picked it up right where he left off. Caggiula didn't seem to be mentioned much. Thompson seemed to be mentioned a lot in a bad way. And at one point Denver had 4 goals on 20 shots and it sounds like the defense was bad and Cam wasn't much better.

Now a question. On the CHN app it says 8 shots blocked for UND and 27 for Denver. Does this mean UND blocked 8 shots or does it mean UND had 8 shots blocked?

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can't give the opposing team's top line 10 points and expect to win.

11 pts for DU's top line.
I'm getting pretty darn sick of the opposing team's top line having career nights against UND on Friday nights.

8pt night for CC's top line on Friday night.  9pt night for UNO's top line on Friday.
Once the NCAA tournament hits, every team will have a good top line...got to learn to shut them down or at least control them for two nights in a row.
Heinen for DU is a great player...but c'mon...he had 20 pts all season entering tonight, then scores 5 tonight against the "best defense in college hockey".

Cam needs to step it up too...he's had some shaky starts lately when the game isn't played in Michigan.

Go for the split tomorrow night!

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Extremely lazy play in the defensive zone.

They haven't played well on Fridays for a while now, that won't cut it come playoff time.   No excuse for the poor effort.  

I pointed out same just a few week ago.  Sioux have total of 4 losses and 3 ties on the season but Fri night results (particularly at home) not as good as Sat nights.  Tied lowly Bemidji, lost to lowly Wis, pulled out just a 1-0 win vs lowly Ala-Huntsville, tied lowly CC (blowing huge lead) and also losses to qlty teams Omaha and Den.  Good news though, they have been road warriors this season and tomorrow's Saturday! 

5 minutes ago, UND-RedSox fan said:

Now a question. On the CHN app it says 8 shots blocked for UND and 27 for Denver. Does this mean UND blocked 8 shots or does it mean UND had 8 shots blocked?

That means UND blocked 8 shots and DU blocked 27.
Which means that the UND had 72 shot attempts with 41 being saved, 27 being blocked, and 4 goals.
While DU had 39 shot attempts with 25 being saved, 8 being blocked, and 6 goals.
Posts not included.

Just watched the recording of this game. Not a perfect game by either team but there was great action. I think we'll be much better tomorrow night. Again #4 leaves me dumbfounded. His lack of awareness is a problem. Stetcher was the best player on the ice. I hope he stays next year. He's so tenacious. One of my all time favorites easily.

• Upvote 2