SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

47 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I don't think the committee will put UND in St. Paul if St. Cloud is a 1 seed. The only way I see that happening with both being 1 seeds is if UND is the #1 overall seed. St. Cloud is pretty much a lock in St. Paul just like Michigan is a lock in Cincinnati

Usually they start by placing hosts in their regionals and then #1 seeds closest to home in order of seeding.  Whomever finishes higher in the PWR between SCSU and UND (assuming both stay #1 seeds) will get the X.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Usually they start by placing hosts in their regionals and then #1 seeds closest to home in order of seeding.  Whomever finishes higher in the PWR between SCSU and UND (assuming both stay #1 seeds) will get the X.  

But if they can avoid a flight they will do that too. We'll find out when Moy does his bracket next week where he puts UND and St. Cloud.

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

I don't think the committee will put UND in St. Paul if St. Cloud is a 1 seed. The only way I see that happening with both being 1 seeds is if UND is the #1 overall seed. St. Cloud is pretty much a lock in St. Paul just like Michigan is a lock in Cincinnati

If UND is a 1 seed in front of St. Cloud, they will be placed in St. Paul.  The 1 seeds always get to play closest to home beginning with the number 1 overall, then number 2 overall, etc.. The NCAA would love for this to happen because of UND's potential attendance turnout in St. Paul compared to St. Cloud.  Cincinnati's attendance will be poor regardless of who goes there, including Michigan.  Look at the B1G tourney attendance in Detroit last year.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, cberkas said:

its simple... finish ahead of St. Cloud and be placed in St. Paul, finish below St. Cloud and travel out East.

• Upvote 2

On February 29, 2016 at 9:23 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Wet Blanket Alert: PWR only matters if you don't win your autobid. 

What matters is getting into the NCAA tournament and winning four games ( see: recent 'last teams in' winning it all ). 

It matters for seeding- which determines where you go if you're not a host school and whether or not you are home or away for purposes of things like line changes.

East Regional (Albany):
13 Omaha vs. 4 Providence
11 Harvard vs. 5 Boston College

Northeast Regional (Worcester):
16 Minnesota State vs. 1 Quinnipiac
10 Boston University vs 8 Yale

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
15 Robert Morris vs. 3 St. Cloud State
9 Notre Dame vs. 6 Michigan

West Regional (St. Paul):
14 Minnesota vs. 2 North Dakota
12 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 7 Denver

That would certainly be the Bracket of Death for UND once again should something like that happen.

Cincy would come down to whether UM's horrible defense/goalie could stop SCSU's lethal PP (it wouldn't)...and then if UM could score enough goals to offset them (they might).

Worcester is the easiest bracket...three teams that have been up and down this season and one team that loves to tie but is somehow holding onto that #1 slot still.  They won't be able to tie with a spot to the F4 on the line.

I would think the winner of the BC/Harvard game advances in Albany.  I can't see PC making another run this year.

I love this time of year...games are starting to mean something!

Really don't like the idea of playing Goofers in the cities when they are the dog.  I also think that UND and DU and SCSU are the cream of the west, so having two of them play pre-frozen four is too bad.  In my opinion, two of those three should make the four.

16 minutes ago, JermDubs said:

Having watched the gophers play several times this year, they wouldn't scare me in the slightest. We are better in every aspect of the game ainec.

Since we have seen big upsets just about every year in the tournament, every team is scary to me.   How many times have we heard that kind of refrain in the past where teams aren't scary, yet have ended up winning.  With us it has been Michigan, Yale a couple times and so on.  

• Upvote 1

When I think of dangerous teams come tourney time, I usually think of potential.   The gophers will always have a lot of talent, their problem is a lack of consistent effort.   In a multigame series that is still a problem, but in a one-and-done scenario, they are always dangerous.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, burd said:

When I think of dangerous teams come tourney time, I usually think of potential.   The gophers will always have a lot of talent, their problem is a lack of consistent effort.   In a multigame series that is still a problem, but in a one-and-done scenario, they are always dangerous.  

Add to that a goaltender that they consider their MVP, and in a one and done he could steal one.  Of course, the fact that he has to be their MVP reveals some underlying problems as well, but the point still stands. 

• Upvote 1