SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

Fighting Hawks vs. Redhawks......

Miami comes to town this weekend. Usually a high scoring team but is struggling on offense so far. Miami high for a game is 3 goals, done three times.

Will Tomek make a start if ready? 

UND... 7-1-2 overall, 2-0-0-0 nchc. Split in GF vs Wisconsin this last weekend losing for the first time this season. 2 more nchc home games before heading to St. Cloud the following weekend.

MIAMI... 5-5-1 overall, 2-2-0-0 nchc. Swept  western 2-1,2-1 this last weekend. 3-3 in last 6 games just scoring 9 total goals in those 6.

Edited by AZSIOUX

This is going to be such a historic series; Hawks versus Hawks this weekend.  Everyone cheering for the Hawks to score on the Hawks, checking the Hawks off the puck, clearing the puck out of the Hawk's zone during a Hawk's power play or penalty kill.  Can it get anymore awesome than that?  This will be the most politically correctly cheered game in the history of North Dakota Hockey,and we have to look forward to these kind of games from here on out.  Let's Go Hawks ! Let's go Hawks!

/s

I stay out of the whiney, my world is coming to an end, just jump off the ledge cesspool of topicks for a reason! Keep this sh*t over there please!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is going to be such a historic series; Hawks versus Hawks this weekend.  Everyone cheering for the Hawks to score on the Hawks, checking the Hawks off the puck, clearing the puck out of the Hawk's zone during a Hawk's power play or penalty kill.  Can it get anymore awesome than that?  This will be the most politically correctly cheered game in the history of North Dakota Hockey,and we have to look forward to these kind of games from here on out.  Let's Go Hawks ! Let's go Hawks!

/s

well said

• Upvote 1

/s

Gross. 

Do you all see this series against Miami as having 'split' written all over it? Seems as if these two teams almost always split, regardless of where it's being played.

Two years ago Miami got their asses kicked twice at the Ralph, but that was the year they finished eighth. 

Edited by Goon

Do you all see this series against Miami as having 'split' written all over it? Seems as if these two teams almost always split, regardless of where it's being played.

I'm not sure I necessarily assume split. Haven't seen Miami play yet this year, but they don't seem to be as talented as in years past. Even the year they finished last, on paper they had the talent, things just didn't pan out. I like our chances better if Poolman is back in the lineup. 

I'm not sure I necessarily assume split. Haven't seen Miami play yet this year, but they don't seem to be as talented as in years past. Even the year they finished last, on paper they had the talent, things just didn't pan out. I like our chances better if Poolman is back in the lineup. 

I think we saw what a difference Drake and Tucker make to the lineup this weekend...pretty clear to me anyway

• Upvote 1

I think we saw what a difference Drake and Tucker make to the lineup this weekend...pretty clear to me anyway

Agreed. I think initially you think it won't be that big of a deal because of our depth and then they return and it becomes noticeable how much they have been missed. Same thing with St Clair. I think when he comes back it'll be obvious something had been missing.  

Agreed. I think initially you think it won't be that big of a deal because of our depth and then they return and it becomes noticeable how much they have been missed. Same thing with St Clair. I think when he comes back it'll be obvious something had been missing.  

Especially on the PK. St Clair is a terrific penalty killer. And will help out on one of the lower lines with his aggressive forecheck. I like his game. Simple but effective.

I actually didn't notice Caggiula much on Saturday until the third period.  Then he became noticeable.  I definitely agree about St. Clair.  Our PK only gets better when he comes back.

The big difference between Friday and Saturday was with the #1 line.  Gersich, Boeser, and Schmaltz replaced with Caggiula, Poganski, and Schmaltz.  Gersich and Boeser are skaters while Caggula and Poganski are physical beasts.  It only added about 21 lbs. to the #1 line on Saturday, but added a ton of physicality.

For what it's worth, Miami comes off a sweep of Western Michigan, who was coming off a sweep of Nebraska Omaha.  Using the transitive property of college hockey (dubious at best) they appear to be quite a team this year.  Using a more realistic view, they certainly appear to be capable of playing a solid game of hockey.  I am hoping that we can get our key players back in the lineup (Poolman would be great to see back) and BRING IT! 

Go Hawks!  Oh...wait...