SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC

AZSIOUX

Brad said today in his blog that Gersich and Janatuinen could both be back for CC.
They are at least practicing.

Great news.  Really surprised to hear that about Gersich if, indeed, he is recovering from Mono. 

Edited by burd

Brad said today in his blog that Gersich and Janatuinen could both be back for CC.
They are at least practicing.

As are Tomek and Cam J.

Maybe starting to get healthy?

This is good, because we hit a big run of playing opponents that are playoff caliber starting in mid November.

It does make me wonder if playing weaker opponents - as we have been and will the next 2 weekends - has allowed the coaching staff to let guys fully heal up.  No need to push anybody back too soon.

Edited by farce poobah

Is it me or did we play our two series vs. the Tigers last season at virtually the same times? In C. Spgs in Oct and in GF in Jan?

Also, who is responsible for the distribution and patterns of home and away games? I ask because as a CC season ticket holder, this is the second consecutive year of having such a dis-jointed home and away schedule. The majority of our home games occur during the '15 calendar year. 

Is it me or did we play our two series vs. the Tigers last season at virtually the same times? In C. Spgs in Oct and in GF in Jan?

Also, who is responsible for the distribution and patterns of home and away games? I ask because as a CC season ticket holder, this is the second consecutive year of having such a dis-jointed home and away schedule. The majority of our home games occur during the '15 calendar year. 

And a majority of UND's games are away during this fall before 2016. Just the way it is, except so far UND has handled their schedule very well, so far.

Caggiula Schmaltz Boeser

Poganski Johnson Chyzyk

Gersich Simonson Wilkie

Olson Sanderson Gardner

Stecher Ausmus

LaDue Thompson

Poolman Shaw

Hyrnkiw

Anderson

Ummm if the Fin. can go/ suit up and play he'll be in the top two lines. That kid can play and he'll contribute and be a big asset to this team. 

Edited by SiouxForever

Ummm if the Fin. can go/ suit up and play he'll be in the top two lines. That kid can play and he'll contribute and be a big asset to this team.

It's hard to say.  Sure, he seemed to fit right in on the second line against Bemidji, but he also fit right in to the style of the 4th line while in Portland.  It might just come down to line chemistry and where he is needed.

I heard from a local last year that there is a hotel near the arena that contains a bar where Sioux fans gather before the games. Can anybody confirm? 

I can confirm. i believe it's the doubletree? usually where the team stays, a few blocks down from WA. There's also a BWW practically in the parking lot that should be packed.

BWW's, particularly on Friday night, will fill up quickly so I'd plan on getting there on or before five o'clock. Otherwise, you're going to be sitting there waiting for a long while for a table.

Planning on heading to the Doubletree for some pregame drinks both nights.