SiouxSports.com Forum

So Bresciani has a goal to make NDSU AAU ....

SiouxVolley

21 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Of course thats the issue. But hey while the horse may be dead theres no reason not to keep beating it. :lol:

I wonder if on that flight if there were any coach seats that were available? Who booked his flight? Dont schools have a travel coordinator like many businesses?

Just wondering.

a lot of the discussion has centered around whether Business Class is appropriate or not and that isn't the issue.   Just trying to get it back to some kind of reasonable discussion and not get sidetracked with 'elitist' talk.

4 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

a lot of the discussion has centered around whether Business Class is appropriate or not and that isn't the issue.   Just trying to get it back to some kind of reasonable discussion and not get sidetracked with 'elitist' talk.

The media hasn't even brought up how NDSU VPs and Deans weren't allowed in the same class as Bresciani.  Bresciani had the right to authorize them, but only did it for himself.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

To me having the president of a state university fly business class to the other side of the earth is a non issue whether he be at NDSU or UND or any other major university. I dont look at business class as elite. But thats just me.

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

Boost enrollment-->Get more research done-->budget shortfall-->more money from the state?

Nailed it.

"That's what drives our research programs."

Same news stories different year....

Article mentions the sixth it's "true...ish?" By the NDSU President this week.

On 2/3/2016 at 4:47 PM, SiouxVolley said:

The media hasn't even brought up how NDSU VPs and Deans weren't allowed in the same class as Bresciani.  Bresciani had the right to authorize them, but only did it for himself.

Talked to a guy at NDSU today and it was his understanding that they all flew business class.

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I feel pretty comfortable assuming that there will be some changes to tuition waivers.

Its my understanding that Minot State charges everyone the same rate. Thats in state, out of state and international. So does that make the difference in  out of state and international tuitions a waver?

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

Its my understanding that Minot State charges everyone the same rate. Thats in state, out of state and international. So does that make the difference in  out of state and international tuitions a waver?

I'm not sure what you're question is? Yes, Minot State has a flat tuition rate, everyone pays the same. They had just under $1.3million in tuition waivers or approximately 9% of all tuition they could have charged at where they have their rates set at. The majority of their tuition waivers were institutional waivers to ND kids.

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

I'm not sure exactly how all this works, but I wonder if higher education would be cheaper if they went back to their original mission of educating students and focused less on chasing research dollars.

North Dakota State University will trim $6.4 million from its budget over the next 10 days, in part by delaying funding for a key research initiative and possibly not filling some open positions

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

"North Dakota State University will trim $6.4 million from its budget over the next 10 days, in part by delaying funding for a key research initiative and possibly not filling some open positions"

Does that throw a wrench in their AAU plans? :wink:

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2016 at 6:38 AM, Cratter said:

I'm not sure exactly how all this works, but I wonder if higher education would be cheaper if they went back to their original mission of educating students and focused less on chasing research dollars.

And while UND cuts sports and educational programs....NDSU so far has said we'll just not spend so much money on research?

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

And while UND cuts sports and educational programs....NDSU so far has said we'll just not spend so much money on research?

Close. They said they were still going to spend the money, just not this (budget) year.